Finally Bought One

Show off your kayak!
GTShoon
Apprentice
kayak: 4.1m Wavedance Kingfisher (Red)

Finally Bought One

Post by GTShoon »

So on Wednesday last week I was surfing Gumtree looking for a Yak and all of a sudden up comes a Wavedance Kingfisher for $900 so I had a closer look it seemed in relatively good shape so I decided to give the guy selling it a call and thank god I did. It was in Cowes at Phillip Island so I organised with Dad to go down yesterday, being Saturday to have a look and I found exactly what I wanted.
It is a 4.1m Wavedance Kingfisher in Red with all the mods I was thinking to do!
It has a Garmin 300C fish finder, a seat, a paddle which I am going to upgrade, a 2.5kg anchor, a sea anchor, 2 rod holders, 3 rod leashes and a paddle leash :yahoo: So after a quick run off the beach at cowes to make sure the sounder works and that it isnt going to sink I came back into shore and paid the $900 and am now the owner of what has long been a dream of mine!!!!
I cannot wait till next Sunday when I will be going to Sandy to test it out and practice remounting etc.
Then after I get the hang of it I will be out fishing and craking some PB's! :thumbsup:
Cam :yahoo:
Attachments
Isn't she purdy
Isn't she purdy
WP_20140216_001.jpg
Last edited by GTShoon on 16 Feb 2014, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
P.B: Snapper 32cm, Flathead 65cm, Aussie Salmon 32cm, Luderick 18cm, Carp 48cm, Trout (Farm) 38cm, Bream 34cm!
Yak PB's Upcoming!!!
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Re: Finally Bought One

Post by Ghurkin »

well done Cam, nice score, looking forward to seeing some reports soon :up:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Somewhere 'Offshore'
Survivor
kayak: 2015 Adventure Island

Post by Somewhere 'Offshore' »

:thumbsup: congrats Cam, nice one
The tug is the drug~

Somewhere 'Offshore' - the only place I don't hear the voices
brett73
Square eyes
kayak: hobie PA

Post by brett73 »

Nice work Cam, sounds like you need to update you profile :thumbsup:
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

you cant go wrong with the Kingfisher as I've told you on another channel there are a lot of us using them and there are a lot on here that started out with kingys before upgrading to something flasher and more costly
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
GTShoon
Apprentice

Post by GTShoon »

Thanks guys!
is there any modifications that are really important for me to do or does that seem pretty good?
Cam
P.B: Snapper 32cm, Flathead 65cm, Aussie Salmon 32cm, Luderick 18cm, Carp 48cm, Trout (Farm) 38cm, Bream 34cm!
Yak PB's Upcoming!!!
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

GTShoon wrote:Thanks guys!
is there any modifications that are really important for me to do or does that seem pretty good?
Cam
most mods you will figure out as you go -- however some sort of box or esky to put bait , catch or just store stuff

-- a 25 lt willow esky fits in the rear well behind the seat if thats any help , most kingys you come across will have an esky set up
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Davo
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Wavedance Echo, Hobie Outback - Ivory Dune

Post by Davo »

Congratulations Cam.
Kingies are a great first yak, in fact their so good that many think further upgrades are unnecessary.
Now all you need to do is get out on the water and catch some fish.
Cheers,
Davo.
GTShoon
Apprentice

Post by GTShoon »

Took her out at eildon to test and she is super stable and easy to manoeuvre, will be fishing from her next Sunday at Blairgowrie and i cannot wait!!! If you see me come say hi!
Cam
Yak PB's Upcoming!!!
Deefa
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie TI & 3.6m paddle yak

Post by Deefa »

It's awesome getting your fist yak - enjoy it.