My Ebay Special

Show off your kayak!
wacazac
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Revolution 13

My Ebay Special

Post by wacazac »

My 1st yak, youve gotta start somewhere, appears to be the same as a "scorpio turtle fx" but it's not

Lots of great ideas on ths forum, thanks guys and gals :up: cut this bucket out and did the washing basket trick that gives me a lot more usable space

then added a pvc rocket launcher, extra drink hoders, anchor trolley,safety flag, paddle restraint and made a yak trolley out of an old golf buggy I had in the shed

Depth sounder/fish finder to come in coming weeks, every time I walk past in I tip a bit of fertilzer on it to see if it will grow up and turn into a "hobie" :)
Spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

pb dusky flathead 60cm
yakhangger
Lord of the fish
kayak: cool kayak, Hobie Outback !! Adventure Island

Re: My Ebay Special

Post by yakhangger »

looks just like my first yak
IMG_0679 (75x100).jpg
IMG_0679 (75x100).jpg (32.4 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
the only problem I had with mine was getting water in the hull due to poor fitting fittings. I ended up putting silicane around all the fittings, rear bung, rear rod holders, and still couldn't keep it out. I did carry a fair bit of weight on mine and the back end was VERY low in the water which didn't help, so just keep an eye on that cos when mine got wet inside it turned into a real pig and very unstable.
IMG_0843 (225x300).jpg
IMG_0843 (225x300).jpg (74.18 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
This is what I did at the back of mine.

Cheers Merv.
PB Frog 490mm Squid 395mm Gummy 1080mm Bream 295mm Snook 589mm Leather Jacket 340mm Snapper 540mm Barracouta 635mm Garfish 430mm Rainbow Trout 340mm Cuttlefish 210mm Salmon 370mm Banjo 935mm Elephant 810mm Ghurkin fish 230mm Port Jackson 700mm Blue T Wrasse 490mm
Jdubb
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Mantra noa Or Noah boat

Post by Jdubb »

I've got the same yak. Got it off eBay. Picked it up from a bloke named Adam somewhere on the other side of the wastegate bridge. I'm still using it all the time in western port. All the other guys (mainly cheater) write me off coz it's so small but I'm small & it does the job.

Jesse
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Looks like my first one too. I also got water in, mainly around front hatch flange I think. But it did its job.

Just know its limitations and be aware that a bit of chop and a headwind will be hard going. I used to set off by heading up wind to start off so that I didn't find it too hard to get back if it picked up. Mainly stuck to fresh and estuaries, only did two little trips in the bay. Wouldn't use it there now I have been caught in deteriorating conditions a couple of times that would have been extremely dangerous in the old one..

Get a drift chute as the wind will easily drag it.

Look after it, it will hold its value for when you are ready to upgrade.

Have fun and stay safe :thumbsup: