G'day! Fishophil From Mt Eliza... East!

New? Say G'Day here!
fishophil
Lord of the fish
kayak: Kingfisher & 2013 Hobie Outback.. and 3 more..

G'day! Fishophil From Mt Eliza... East!

Post by fishophil »

Hiya boys and girls! :mrgreen:

I also was a keen shorebased fisherman, but couldnt see the point in buying a boat and then paying more on rego fuel etc before I started getting to the fun bits and accessories which fishing more enjoyable and fun. I started reading up on people using their Kayaks as a fishing platform, and as I tend to get away 4wdriving and camping a lot, the kayak would be ideal to throw on the roof and get into places where a trailer wouldn't make it, or for easier launching places other than a designated boat ramp. Just chuck the kayak on the trolley, and wheel it down to the shore.

I have had the kayak (a Wavedance Kingfisher) a bit over a year now and love it! :D
I am another member from the AFKK forum which really taught me a lot coming into this now found hobby, and have met some great people who have also expanded my knowledge of kayak fishing, tips and tricks.
I mainly fish from Dromana to Frankston on Port Phillip Bay, but recently been venturing over to Westernport at Shoreham and Flinders which was also good fun, with the swell being the main difference between the 2 bays.

Im also keen on getting into some camping trips down the Murray River or something. Just loading the kayak up with some fishing and camping gear, and have a leisurely paddle for a couple of days down the river.
Its a fun, easy, cheap(ish) and rewarding hobby to get into for the first timer, and from there, it gets REAL addicting...
Especially when the pimping starts! :lol:

Looking forward to many more trips with the guys, and new members as well.
Im sure you will have fun, as I did when I first started and catching that first first from your very own kayak is a pretty cool feeling! 8-)
Too many freaks. Not enough circuses.
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Re: G'day! Fishophil From Mt Eliza... East!

Post by Widsa »

Ha ha . . Mt Eliza east ey? That means im from Mt Eliza north! Sweet!
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

Frankston, Mt Eliza east, Skye where ya from Phil make up ya mind hahah
maccayak
Square eyes
kayak: A clean one with no fish!

Post by maccayak »

Skye, dont you mean Sandhurst!

Geoff
Geoff Mobile 0438 383 764

VYAK Member No 0003