Glenelg River Nelson

A forum for member's kayak or fishing related videos
melbshayne
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: hobie revo13

Glenelg River Nelson

Post by melbshayne »

Well I went to Nelson, Glenelg River with Pearcy and Munroe on the weekend.

Awesome location, had a blast.

Anyways on the Sunday night we went down to one of the landings and were catching small EP's on Surface lures. As i had no idea how to use the lure properly Munroe was good enough to give me and Pearcy some pointers.

We went for a quick fish Monday morning before we came home... I had just caught a bream and wasnt getting any more touches on the soft plastic. So I thought to myself why not put some of what Munroe showed you the night before with the lure into action in the shallows in hope of an EP.

As this video shows i cast and get some luck. Everytime I watch this video I laugh at my Facial reaction when I get a bite. This is why I love fishing, Put together a plan of attack and watch it unfold in front of you. Love it.

Thanks for the tips Munroe.

Pearcy
Lord of the fish
kayak: Quintrex 480 Freedom Sport (pretend its a big yak)

Re: Glenelg River Nelson

Post by Pearcy »

melbshayne wrote:Well I went to Nelson, Glenelg River with Pearcy and Munroe on the weekend.

Awesome location, had a blast.

Anyways on the Sunday night we went down to one of the landings and were catching small EP's on Surface lures. As i had no idea how to use the lure properly Munroe was good enough to give me and Pearcy some pointers.

We went for a quick fish Monday morning before we came home... I had just caught a bream and wasnt getting any more touches on the soft plastic. So I thought to myself why not put some of what Munroe showed you the night before with the lure into action in the shallows in hope of an EP.

As this video shows i cast and get some luck. Everytime I watch this video I laugh at my Facial reaction when I get a bite. This is why I love fishing, Put together a plan of attack and watch it unfold in front of you. Love it.

Thanks for the tips Munroe.

Nice one Shayne, looked even better from where I was sitting on the water! :clap:
Pearcy.
vikodin
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2016 Hobie Outback

Post by vikodin »

Good stuff Shayne,
Nice work getting the whole sequence on video too :thumbsup:
Munroe
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler 14, 420 Renegade

Post by Munroe »

Mate....Mate :clap: :clap: you did that very well Congrats :thumbsup:
Munroe
http://www.munroessoftplastics.com.au
PB snapper-83cm Flathead-68cm, Dusky Flathead-80cm,EP-39cm Bream- 38cm,Tailor-58cm, Mulloway-85cm
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Post by Jenko »

Nice work Shayne. :thumbsup:
Give you another tip when using lures, put your handle on the other side of the reel so you don't have to change hands. Feels funny for a while but you will never go back to the other way.
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

nice work shane, especially with the tips from Allan... :lol:
Jenko wrote:Nice work Shayne. :thumbsup:
Give you another tip when using lures, put your handle on the other side of the reel so you don't have to change hands. Feels funny for a while but you will never go back to the other way.
I am not sure I understand what you mean by this Gary? Do you mean switch the handle of the the LHS of the reel? sorry, long day and feeling a little vague :shock:
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Post by Jenko »

Yep, the dominate hand should cast and hold the rod to fight the fish and the other hand to wind the reel.....naturally opposite for lefties. Took me a few trips to get used to it and even converted the missus reel to LH wind (she whinged for a couple of trips but is used to it now)
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

Ok that makes sense. Being a lefty means I have it the right way.... Or the left way... :D
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
melbshayne
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: hobie revo13

Post by melbshayne »

Yeah i tried that Jenko a while back.. Felt ok and I can see how it will work for the better...

I'll give it a crack again, cause I do hate switching over the rod from hand to hand..

Thanks again.!