New mods to "Pus-nuts" (White Light, Stake out pole etc)

Show off your DIY project!
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

New mods to "Pus-nuts" (White Light, Stake out pole etc)

Post by bilby »

Well the pimping of Pus-nutz is nearing the final stage for me, as the PA'S are nearly perfect for my fishing applications straight out of the factory.
I have installed a sounder Lowrance mark 5x pro, ram mounted, which i tried out last weekend and it was awesome for a sub $350 sounder :D , i have shown you all before, so i won't bore you all again with that. Over the last week (often in the shed at night) i have installed an LED white light, Eastern brand, 12v, which i have mounted to a junction box which mounts off the rudder adjustment plate on the PA'S, The light can be removed leaving a base and a rubber plug seals the fitting, it extends to 48" which is great and can be seen for a genuine 2NM (so it says on the packet), In the meantime i fitted all my wiring and battey into the rear 8" hatch that Hobies have which i never use, i did this mod on my Outback and it worked great, so i did it again, this time with a few new ideas, i also made a stake out pole, for the bream comps, i didn't want to spend $130 on a Hobie one so i made my own out of transair tubing (aluminium) which i got from work and turned up a point for the end. While i was getting creative i made up a mesh front hatch tray, which i can use for light stuff, jackets, leaders, etc and still put my fish underneath, the material used is safety fencing from Bunnings, $5.00 pm, and some thin alloy flat bar and a few pop rivets, might work not sure but for $7.00 i'm not worried.

Anyway heres some pics of Pus-nutz with the mods installed.
Any questions feel free to PM me and i'll do my best to explain anything more in detail.
Cheers Bilby.
Attachments
stake out pole, for flats fishing
stake out pole, for flats fishing
front mesh tray idea
front mesh tray idea
battery, done 1 million times but works a treat
battery, done 1 million times but works a treat
close up of light install, junction box, switch
close up of light install, junction box, switch
light install
light install
Bill 0409139460
maccayak
Square eyes
kayak: A clean one with no fish!

Re: New mods to "Pus-nuts" (White Light, Stake out pole etc)

Post by maccayak »

I like the battery idea, as you say, not a new idea, but you are right, I do not use the hatch for anything else. Maybe Hobie should even make a batter case that drops in there. Nice light install Bill. Good to see you got the drill out.

Geoff
Geoff Mobile 0438 383 764

VYAK Member No 0003
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

Thanks Geoff, i used some 3mm lexcen cut to suit the bottom of the tackle tray, just to stiffen it up a little, worked well and heaps more sturdy.
Cheers Bill.
Bill 0409139460
loboloco
Lord of the fish
kayak: single sit on top

Post by loboloco »

Awesome stuff! looks like you have it all sorted out, I look forward to seeing it out on the water.

Cheers
Loboloco
chillihilli
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Perception Swing

Post by chillihilli »

Good work. You know you can get a rubber boot to protect those toggle switches from jaycar ? Might be worth considering. I love the j-box idea. It provides an external point for all electricals plus a good spot to mount switches.
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

Very nice job mate, looks very professional
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time