Anchor Answer for Tormentor (& others)

Show off your DIY project!
Bretty
Yak Master
kayak: HOBIE OUTBACK RED

Re: Anchor Answer for Tormentor (& others)

Post by Bretty »

Deefa wrote:Awesome, thanks everyone.
Looks like I'll run the trolley the full length for reasons stated, also may want to tie up to some structure in a river etc, possibly better to face upstream.
I just bought a long john westsuit, so better start saving for a trolley kit and (some neoprene boots).
Get a Hobie trolley kit for $50 wit free delivery and everything you'll need :thumbsup:

http://kayakandsail.com.au/product-rang ... or-trolley
Brett
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Deefa wrote: I'm glad to hear that some SS self tapper screws holds your yak in the WP tides you encounter cheater, how many did you use, 2 or 3?
I have 2 screws each end

rear block 2- 10# screws

front block 2 - 8 # screws

these 2 small blocks I just had laying around and the self tappers are just into the yak with no extra support
the trick is to put a realy small hole in the yak - 1 mm is big enough just enough to let the point of the screw go through
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Graybalz85
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA (Sponge Bob)

Post by Graybalz85 »

I got the anchor trolley stuff of yak gear web site, it has the pulleys with well nuts built into them, noticed the other day they are loose, will have to see if I can tighten them, if not, not sure what ill do, cause ill have like 10mm holes in my yak :eh:
Yak PB: Leatherjacket 35.5cm, elephant fish 69.5cm, salmon 44cm, Whiting 38cm, squid (30cm Hood), Gummy 104cm, Flathead 34cm, Travelly 40cm, Pinkie 36cm
Deefa
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie TI & 3.6m paddle yak

Post by Deefa »

cheaterparts wrote:
Deefa wrote: I'm glad to hear that some SS self tapper screws holds your yak in the WP tides you encounter cheater, how many did you use, 2 or 3?
I have 2 screws each end

rear block 2- 10# screws

front block 2 - 8 # screws

these 2 small blocks I just had laying around and the self tappers are just into the yak with no extra support
the trick is to put a realy small hole in the yak - 1 mm is big enough just enough to let the point of the screw go through
Thank you very much for the pics.
Is that some all-clear or similar under the rear block? That would add a fair bit of strength also.

I may not be able to get a trolley set up in time before I head down on holidays (I have a lot of day and night shifts before then, and I've learnt not to do something new in the day after night shifts. :? ).
Is it possible to jury-rig a hack trolley running via the rear handle (or anywhere I loop some rope above the waterline) and throw a block/pulley on?
Gozz
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 and 2 ebay jobs.

Post by Gozz »

It's got me stuffed why hobie doest have lugs in place for a anchor trolley so people can fit them with out any drilling.
I think ocean kayaks come like that.
Bretty
Yak Master
kayak: HOBIE OUTBACK RED

Post by Bretty »

Gozz wrote:It's got me stuffed why hobie doest have lugs in place for a anchor trolley so people can fit them with out any drilling.
The new Pa's do :thumbsup:
Brett
Gozz
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 and 2 ebay jobs.

Post by Gozz »

Bretty wrote:
Gozz wrote:It's got me stuffed why hobie doest have lugs in place for a anchor trolley so people can fit them with out any drilling.
The new Pa's do :thumbsup:
Thanks for that.
Wish my outback had it. :cry:
fishingmadray
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie kayak 2012 outback mirage

Post by fishingmadray »

This is great awesome post
johno
kayak: pedalfish10

Post by johno »

IMG_20170217_135415_1.jpg
IMG_20170122_141421.jpg
[img]
IMG_20170122_141421.jpg
[/img]Anchor Issues...

When I first got my Pedalfish I thought I wouldn't need an anchor ...wrong.Well I tried a couple of things for storage and retracting the line ...didn't want an anchor trolley on the side ...more to get in the way ..I first built a milk crate and purchased a retractable clothes line from England ...all looked good ..but milk crate too bulky ...retractable clothes line mechanism broke on second outing . So made my own neater storage tube out of PVC and bought a local retractable line from Bunnings ...both look good and work well : Attached a 40 mm PVC tube to the side of the 100 mm anchor storage tube ..sprayed to match the kayak ...game over ...works well .
Attachments
IMG_20170122_141520.jpg
IMG_20170217_135415_1.jpg
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Retractable clothes lines are not marine environment proof it will seize and corrode.

How do you avoid anchoring side on without a trolley?