G'Day from Chillihilli

New? Say G'Day here!
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: G'Day from Chillihilli

Post by maverick »

The Hurricane is a shipwreck, basically a pile of rubble now. There are a couple of plane wrecks out off Carrum.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
BENNYV
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: outback

Post by BENNYV »

hey chillyhilly i saw your post on akff the other day and thought , this guy isnt going to get much love on here(akff) but didnt want to do a rhino and have the gestapo after me for stealing another akff member :shock: :lol: . antways im glad you found your way over. ;) hope to see you on the water
why cant steve ride a bike?......................................................... cause steves a fish!
chillihilli
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Perception Swing

Post by chillihilli »

babylon wrote:What hurricane is there a plane out there.
also welcome to the site .cheers jim :D
No it's a late 1800's ship that was wrecked upon entering the bay. It was scuttled in the 60's but apparently there are still parts of the wreck around.

Check this out:

http://www.heritage.vic.gov.au/Maritime ... icane.aspx
chillihilli

Post by chillihilli »

BENNYV wrote:hey chillyhilly i saw your post on akff the other day and thought , this guy isnt going to get much love on here(akff) but didnt want to do a rhino and have the gestapo after me for stealing another akff member :shock: :lol: . antways im glad you found your way over. ;) hope to see you on the water
Thanks Benny. Nope I certainly wasn't poached, but did go web searching after I saw a distinct lack of input from the locals. AKFF used to be at least 40% input from Melbourne and Vic anglers. It is great to have a local site. Another plus is the clear explosion in kayak fishing that has clearly happened in the couple of years I was out - both here and Australia-wide.
chillihilli

Post by chillihilli »

maverick wrote:Also we need to catch up with matt coburn, he is into cray diving off the back beaches on his AI, launching at Sorrento back beach.
Yeah I read some of his posts. Those AI beasts look fascinating. I have dived Koonya a few times for crays with some success. I have also spent many trips in the Koonya car park shaking my head at the tsunami like conditions and deciding to go scallop diving instead! I'd be happy to give it a go on the yak in with a buddy or two in the right conditions.

I have also done some yak diving for crays off Port MacDonnell in SA. Same deal - you can get out in the right conditions.