Oasis vs Outfitter

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Munroe
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler 14, 420 Renegade

Re: Oasis vs Outfitter

Post by Munroe »

sawtell wrote:After you linked me to this thread showing me how you did your rod holders I have a question about the transducer?

Where have you mounted it, As in, where in the hull? Infront of the front pedals?
The transducer is fitted in the hatch just behind the rear cockpit. I think this is the best location, well behind the drive and where the hull is in constant water regardless of swells and chop.

It has only done a couple of fresh water trips where the sounder was not used but as its warming up, the girls may just decided to come out on the better days.

Hope this helps sawtell
Munroe
http://www.munroessoftplastics.com.au
PB snapper-83cm Flathead-68cm, Dusky Flathead-80cm,EP-39cm Bream- 38cm,Tailor-58cm, Mulloway-85cm
neilmny
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Outfitter 2010 (Yum Yum)

Re: Oasis vs Outfitter

Post by neilmny »

Munroe wrote:
sawtell wrote:After you linked me to this thread showing me how you did your rod holders I have a question about the transducer?

Where have you mounted it, As in, where in the hull? Infront of the front pedals?
The transducer is fitted in the hatch just behind the rear cockpit. I think this is the best location, well behind the drive and where the hull is in constant water regardless of swells and chop.
+1 :up: