wavedance sierra ???

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
kads

wavedance sierra ???

Post by kads »

Oh Im sooooooo confused at the moment...I was thinking wavedance calypso 3m L & 790mm W & 19 KG, but the rear enclosed hatch wouldn't be good, trying to dig stuff out of it while your on the water.....so then I was thinking wavedance cascade 3m L & 790mm W & 19 KG, but after talking to the ownder of wavedance he told me that the sierra 2.7m L & 770mm W 17 KG, actually is alot more stable than the cascade, apparantly the sierra sits better in the water..I can get the sierra with a highback seat, fibreglass paddle, 4 flushmounted holders, oar leash for $550...where as the cascade with the same goodies was $700. I have done some investigation and read some forums and I have heard that the sierra is a good little yak, not the fastest thing around, but I only want to potter 500m off the shore line and rocks and stuff of mornington/ Mt martha/ safety beach.I doubt I will be venturing 2 kms off shore, although the owner of wavedance said he often takes the sierra 2 kms off shore and feels very safe in it. So I dont really know what to do at the moment...can any of you guys give me any pointers and help please..?? I like the idea that the sierra is 2.7m long...nice and easy to throw on the car, or even throw in the station wagon, and really like the lower price.
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Re: wavedance sierra ???

Post by herbie »

Give it a bash mate, at that price you can't go wrong.

Sure, the Wavedance guy could just be after a sale but from what I have heard he doesn't seem like that sort of a bloke.

Personally, I reckon your first yak is a bit of suck and see to find out if you are into it anyway. Better to spend less cash and see if it's for you before you go upgrading to something like a hobie which is what a lot of people do.

You never know... you might fall in love with the little un' and not want another. Or you may decide you do want to get out a bit further etc and upgrade.

Then you can sell it and someone else can start the journey.

As I said at the beginning, bite the bullet and get amongst it.

Do have a look at the safety forum though and make sure you prepare well. There are a bunch of yakkers down your way though so you should be able to head out in a group regularly.

Be aware, yakking is like smoking crack........ very addictive and can be hell on the back pocket.
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
kads

Post by kads »

Give it a bash mate, at that price you can't go wrong.
thanks herbie..I will do that...I pick it up next saturday...hope the weather is good, coz Im already day dreaming about...cheers mate :up:
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

Awesome, i look forward to reading your reports.
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
kads

Post by kads »

Awesome, i look forward to reading your reports.
report has been submitted in "kayak reviews" :thumbsup: