Mav's Secret Hobie Outback review.

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Mav's Secret Hobie Outback review.

Post by maverick »

Ok, for those that have 10 minutes of their life that they don't want back, watch the video. I did try to make it a bit funny. Not much fishing action and the text does need a re-edit. But for now......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAF_k9ulUDM

Otherwise, all went well and I have one on order (or will Monday). Did over 14 k's in the Outback that haTTers lent me and managed over a dozen salmon, only dropping 2 this time. The Outback loaded (without sounder or battery) weighs slightly more than my paddle yak fully loaded. Handled the hills and terrain fairly easily on the standard Hobie skinny wheels.

Managed to get upset by 2 stinka's but I probably shouldn't start my conversations with them by saying "you have no f@(king idea do you". More on that later. :twisted:

All this talk about Rhino and his excrement waste disposal system got me thinking, as raw effluent in the bay can't be that good, although as Rhino pointed out - it is far better than in your pants. Anyway, found a hatch in haTTers hobie just between my legs, it was a big hatch with a big hole underneath. Not sure where it goes, but it was the perfect size haTTers. Undid the lid and saved myself some embaressment. :o Not sure how to clean it out yet. :?

Anyway, seeing as my birthday is not until the end of April you can't have it back yet haTTers, sorry.

Managed about a dozen salmon as I already said, there wasn't much bird action after the initial bust up, but I followed the terns and the penguins to the bait schools and then trolled around the school. Also kept an eye out for fish oil slicks as a result of salmon feeding on bait down deep. Plenty of salmon around the headland nearest the Mornington Pier but I got sick of the stupid stink boat owners, no f"ing idea and I pedalled home. Trolled for about 15 mins for squid but realised I still had the walk up the hill and and I had to take the dogs for a run later. Better save something in the legs.
What I kept
What I kept
What they were feeding on and the lures I used.
What they were feeding on and the lures I used.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
wokka1
Yak Master
kayak: Compass

Re: Mav's Secret Hobie Outback review.

Post by wokka1 »

maverick wrote: All this talk about Rhino and his excrement waste disposal system got me thinking, as raw effluent in the bay can't be that good, although as Rhino pointed out - it is far better than in your pants. Anyway, found a hatch in haTTers hobie just between my legs, it was a big hatch with a big hole underneath. Not sure where it goes, but it was the perfect size haTTers. Undid the lid and saved myself some embaressment. :o Not sure how to clean it out yet. :?

Managed about a dozen salmon as I already said, there wasn't much bird action after the initial bust up, but I followed the terns and the penguins to the bait schools and then trolled around the school. .
Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Better success rate on the salmon than a couple of weeks ago Mav. I hooked and lost 2 yesdy at Ricketts. They go hard. No birds at all over the school and no stinkers either.
Regards,
Wokka. (aka...Fruitbat)
Fishing... a jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Maverick, this is your first official warning!!!

:lol: :lol:

Hatters, you have my sympathy.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

Why order a new kayak when you have put a deposit on one already ,ow that was in one, understand now. Love your road works and best of luck with the "clean out" Hatters :lol: .
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie

HaTTerS
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: None (temporarily)

Post by HaTTerS »

lol, great video Mav!
Love the business name idea "Mad Hatters Marine"... its got a nice ring to it. I should register that so I can claim all my fishing and yak gear :thumbsup:
The OutBacks are a great yak but even so, I can't believe it only took one trip to convert/convince you.
What colour are you going to order?

Good to see the fish came out to play and you got a nice feed, not so good to see you found another use for the centre hatch :eh:

If you hear something in the middle of the night that sounds like your garage door is being attacked with a crowbar, it will just be me trying to get my yak back. ;)
Poised on the edge of sanity.
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

I went for my usual Saturday walk today and went down "your goat track" i followed the trolley marks in the dirt and found your secret launch spot, pretty easy actually considering the rocks are in perfect formation to launch a yak. Looks very squiddy there, i see why you get a few around the reef, fished that area a bit in my boat and got some big goat fish and whiting.
Looks like you have the Hobie wired, not that its very hard, i've heard even paddlers can work it out pretty quickly.
Bilby.
PS Cmon what color are you getting ??? you know yellow goes fastest.
Bill 0409139460
Bozzie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Dune Pro Angler

Post by Bozzie »

Wasted 10 minutes..... What a pissa....... Wouldn't say I "loved" it, but must admit, I love your sense of humour. :thumbsup:
The Rubai-Yak of Hobie Khayyam
Mob: 0409234439

Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

ha ha hahahahahaha :yahoo: :lol: geta brown one Mav, stains wont be seen :lol: :lol:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

Oh well! Hopefully that will keep the flies off your lunch!!

Dig (grin)