Hobie Pro Angler

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
MitchT
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler

Re: Hobie Pro Angler

Post by MitchT »

Leave this thread alone guys, we are sick of editing it when you've already been warned about keeping it on topic.
Fly Fisher
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Pro Angler

Post by Fly Fisher »

a) Manueverability on a flat water 8.5
b) Tracking during 20knot wind with a 0.5m swell.7
c) Loading the PA on a roof rack without a roller or loading aid by yourself.2 even loading with rack and roll onto a 4 x 4
d) Storage of fishing rods and equipments. for launching/landing.9
e)Hullslap 9 never really noticed
f) Stability 9 very easy to stand up and fish
g) Dry ride in conditions stated in b) 9
h) Ergonomics.8.5
I) Cost ( compared to other Kayaks on the market) 8 value for money
j) Ease of handling on land carry/trolley 7 can get tough in very soft sand

But to some it up i am very happy with the PA I had a KLargo prior and it didnt suit as i hated getting a wet arse ever time i went out :up: :up: :up: My only disappointment was getting the PA up onto the top of the Pajero it slipping off the rack n roll and taking out a $700 side mirror
Cheers Andrew

PB: Bream 42 cm Eskine river Lorne
Yacker
Yak Master
kayak: Yellow PA and red Q kayak

Post by Yacker »

Fly Fisher wrote: My only disappointment was getting the PA up onto the top of the Pajero it slipping off the rack n roll and taking out a $700 side mirror
Had a similiar incident when the front rack "Popped" off whilst loading the PA, the PA took out the side mirror and the rack totaled the windscreen squirter on the bonnet of my Hilux.

Have since installed a ARB tradesmans rack and made a racknroll type device to fit which had sorted it nicely. Many thanks to my employer for covering the cost of the repairs and the new rack :evilgrin:
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Post by bilby »

Yacker wrote:
Fly Fisher wrote: My only disappointment was getting the PA up onto the top of the Pajero it slipping off the rack n roll and taking out a $700 side mirror
Had a similiar incident when the front rack "Popped" off whilst loading the PA, the PA took out the side mirror and the rack totaled the windscreen squirter on the bonnet of my Hilux.

Have since installed a ARB tradesmans rack and made a racknroll type device to fit which had sorted it nicely. Many thanks to my employer for covering the cost of the repairs and the new rack :evilgrin:
Niiice work mate, i wonder how many side mirrors the PA'S have destroyed ??????????????
Bill 0409139460
Camfish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: hobie outback and Pro Angler

Post by Camfish »

bilby wrote:
Yacker wrote:

Niiice work mate, i wonder how many side mirrors the PA'S have destroyed ??????????????

i just hope the PA's are ok and not scratched?
Image My Weapon of Choice
scottyB
kayak: Hobie Sport Pro Angler and Wavedance

Post by scottyB »

go to kayak reviews Bilby has a nice write up when he purchased his
Scott Lovig Hobie Team
momunny
Square eyes
kayak: Yakless

Post by momunny »

Thanks Scotty,

I did read Bilby's report. One question i still dont know is how easy would it be to flip back the PA if it is over turned.
The other issue i have is reentry especially if it sits higher above the water than the other Hobies.
Cheers,

Momunny
Yacker
Yak Master

Post by Yacker »

momunny wrote:Thanks Scotty,

I did read Bilby's report. One question i still dont know is how easy would it be to flip back the PA if it is over turned.
The other issue i have is reentry especially if it sits higher above the water than the other Hobies.
Not too sure about righting an overturned PA, but reentry should be very straight forward from the rear, which sits much lower than the bow.

Intend to have a play if/when summer arrives to get a feel for flipping the PA, then geting back in. Will post a review shortly after

Cheers

Yacker
Many and strange are the universes that drift like bubbles in the foam upon the River of Time
Yacker
Yak Master

Post by Yacker »

Camfish wrote:
Barely a mark, was the first thing I checked. Shame the Hilux wasn't also unbreakable :lol:
Fly Fisher
kayak: Pro Angler

Post by Fly Fisher »

Yacker wrote:
Camfish wrote:
Barely a mark, was the first thing I checked. Shame the Hilux wasn't also unbreakable :lol:
Same with my PA 5 foot drop not a scratch
Cheers Andrew

PB: Bream 42 cm Eskine river Lorne