Malibu Pro Explorer - who has one?

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Malibu Pro Explorer - who has one?

Post by maverick »

My brother in law (Simon) has just purchased a Malibu Pro Explorer from BCF. Does anyone on the forum have one and what pimping have you done to it? Couldn't find any "reviews" or "show us your beast" posts. He lives in Rye and is relatively new to fishing, but within walking distance to the beach. Be keen to see what anyone has done. He has made his own trolly which plugs into the scupper holes. I will post some pics when I catch up with him next.

He went the Malibu over the OK Scrambler, Kingfisher and Prowler as he intends to do some diving/snorkelling off it and it seemed like a good price. He has a spot in Rye in 3m of water where he collects scallops while snorkelling.

He isn't big into forums but I will convert him.

Haha I talked him out of PA :yahoo: :yahoo: , no not really - wasn't in his budget. :lol: and his garage isn't big enough.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
bilby
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Fender Stratocaster + Marshall stack

Re: Malibu Pro Explorer - who has one?

Post by bilby »

maverick wrote:My brother in law (Simon) has just purchased a Malibu Pro Explorer from BCF. Does anyone on the forum have one and what pimping have you done to it? Couldn't find any "reviews" or "show us your beast" posts. He lives in Rye and is relatively new to fishing, but within walking distance to the beach. Be keen to see what anyone has done. He has made his own trolly which plugs into the scupper holes. I will post some pics when I catch up with him next.

He went the Malibu over the OK Scrambler, Kingfisher and Prowler as he intends to do some diving/snorkelling off it and it seemed like a good price. He has a spot in Rye in 3m of water where he collects scallops while snorkelling.

He isn't big into forums but I will convert him.

Haha I talked him out of PA :yahoo: :yahoo: , no not really - wasn't in his budget. :lol: and his garage isn't big enough.
I've never seen one of them pimped but they do look like they would be a stable yak, going by the hull shape. Don't worry Mav your brother in law will eventually find the PA to be irresistable and WILL get one.
Bill 0409139460
GoneFishn
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: OceanKayak Prowler Elite 4.5 "Calypso"

Post by GoneFishn »

4x4yak has one this is his post in The Beast section
http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1836
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

thanks Kelly. :up:
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
GoneFishn
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: OceanKayak Prowler Elite 4.5 "Calypso"

Post by GoneFishn »

Rhino wrote:What was that yak we were looking at at BCF Kelly? That looked great. :up:
That was the Malibu Stealth 14 and 12(smaller one) Image
ratfish
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Outback + mini x + AI

Post by ratfish »

Could try the WA forums if you're still looking for some examples there's a fair few malibu's over there from back when Shawn was the distributor, otherwise try big waters edge.