Kayak that doesnt need a fishfinder

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
brettrobo
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Outback

Kayak that doesnt need a fishfinder

Post by brettrobo »

http://www.quebeckayak.com/gadget/kayak ... t/english/
The Molokini is an all-transparent two-passenger kayak made out of the same durable polycarbonate material used in the production of bulletproof glass and fighter jet canopies. It comes equipped with an anodized aluminum internal frame system, dual flotation bladders and a three-quart water bailer. The Molokini features a removable lightweight anodized aluminum frame system, allowing the user to minimize space consumption, thus making transporting and storage of multiple units easy and convenient.

The simple purity of the Molokini's elegant yet powerful transparent hull has an irresistible beauty. The Aluminum internal frame and the timeless, no-frills shapes of the Molokini accessories create a sportive and modern effect. Classical exclusivity is conveyed by the sleek curves and brilliant transparency. Sportive seats designed for comfort not only make for a pleasant trip, but also meet your demands for quality and style.

This model is recommend for areas that experience calm ocean conditions. New retractable skeg system included in the standard version improves tracking, a feature especially convenient for long distance paddling. If purchased additionally, the new optional outrigger system improves stability when in choppier waters and renders flipping practically impossible., Unparalleled material durability, weather ability and impact resistance are among the Molokini's advantages. Impact resistancy tests have included intense crashing against rocky shorelines, 20 ft drops, hammer blows and an ejection from a vehicle at 70mph.

Tests performed on the island of Oahu, Hawaii, have proven that the visibility on a sunny day and during non-turbulent water conditions can yield views to depths of 75 ft plus for the exploration of new worlds waiting to be discovered.

Tests have included encounters with pods of dolphins, coral farms and nocturnal underwater sea life.

Wonder if Hobie will bring out their kayaks in this colour
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: Kayak that doesnt need a fishfinder

Post by maverick »

I'd buy one if it came standard with the accessories depicted in the picture.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
FECKIT
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Outfitter with twin 200HP Mercs ;)

Post by FECKIT »

maverick wrote:I'd buy one if it came standard with the accessories depicted in the picture.

Wot's so great about a blue paddle? As for the chick, just a doofer IMO, you could do better Mav once you don the zoombag and the raybans

I love this bit from the blurb....
Oh Canada wrote: Impact resistancy tests have included intense crashing against rocky shorelines, 20 ft drops, hammer blows and an ejection from a vehicle at 70mph.

Could this be the first Yak with an endorsed "rapid launch" feature? Loosen the straps, drive up to the rock wall or wherever your fave spot is and slam on the anchors..... GERONIMO!
Image FECKIT... Let's go fishing Image ImageImage
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

it would be good in the nth end of WP - you would just see the mud bank as you got stuck on it
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: AI

Post by cruiser »

Yep I can see it now a 6 meter greatwhite comes along looks up and says h..mm always wondered what propelled those long funny objects along :evilgrin: :evilgrin: fresh yaker has been added to the menu boys :twisted: :twisted:
mob 0423 492 759
redfish
The force is strong in this one
kayak: 2013 PA 14

Post by redfish »

The photo looks great. But spare a thought for what the poor old fish will see when he looks up at us passing overhead! Ewww...
Money doesn't buy happiness. But it buys fishing gear and that's almost the same thing.
momunny
Square eyes
kayak: Yakless

Post by momunny »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Isnt't that the polycarb canopy of the Joint Strike Fighter inverted and straped on a seat to it and call it a Kayak.... :lol: :lol:
Cheers,

Momunny
madfishman
Lord of the fish
kayak: Pro Angler

Post by madfishman »

i'll take whats in it and you can keep the yak....

Funny a few years ago my mate owned a camping store in WA and had a few of these of which he sold and kept one for himself, he kept bragging at how good it was in the ocean and no good on the swan river, could see 1 ft with the colour of the water ...they took it out to ningaloo reef of exmouth and i think its still out there some where, they rolled it and it sank.....they didnt blow up the inflatables at the ends.......
Cheers ,
Neilo

www.slhobie.com.au