Thoughts on eBay yak

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Fishingmad
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie pro angler 14

Re: Thoughts on eBay yak

Post by Fishingmad »

Thanks guys for the advice I will not be buying a eBay yak now. Glad I know this info about them now I just wanted the thruth and I got it. Found this second hand what do u think. Don't want to spend a fortune. This one is $360 neg. not sure of the length though it's an aqua yak
Attachments
image.jpg
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Thats an aquayak scout, still on the short side @ 3m better than the ebay ones though
https://www.aquayak.com/scout-kayak
Jay (Somewhere 'Offshore') has one of them. You could ask him, but dont mention the coast guard :o

This one is a little longer and a design thats been around awhile. Still a fair weather craft only @ 3.4m. Lots of reviews on the net
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/thomasto ... 1083038197

Or @ $500 start bid for a $1300 yak @ 4.1m
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fishing-Kaya ... 2ee3f17b63
Fishingmad

Post by Fishingmad »

Just wondering what are the seak kayaks like as in the ones from anaconda also a mate has got an assasine yak and he loves it might look at them to maybe
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Post by choppers »

I would be considering the emotion kayak that Keith pointed out on gumtree as a good first buy.
Problem looking retail (anaconda, bcf etc.) you wont find the same good prices as gumtree /ebay for someone's used kayak they no longer need /want, and u can find some bargains .
Which model in the seak range are you considering. ?
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
isportfish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Revo

Post by isportfish »

Melb kayaks has plenty on special at the moment. Have you looked there.
Nello
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Red Ai and a tinny.

Post by Nello »

I suggest you have a look on Facebook for kayak buy, swap and sell Pages.
Pages like "kayak fishing buy, swap and sell Australia" or "kayak fishing victoria" have some good yaks up for grabs.
laneends
Vyak Addict

Post by laneends »

Fishingmad wrote:Just wondering what are the seak kayaks like as in the ones from anaconda also a mate has got an assasine yak and he loves it might look at them to maybe
Emotion kayaks are same brand as Gide sold via BCF, just a recent branding name change.

Couple of decent rod holders is going to set you back $70 or so, the ones included as part of the package on the chain brands are pretty ordinary. So the more of that sort of thing thown in the better.
Fishingmad

Post by Fishingmad »

I'm looking at gumtree and eBay a lot now for a good second hand yak. Thanks guys for your advice much appreciated. Out of interest is there any yakers that fish around the bellarine peninsula. We might be able to meet up for a fish one day. love my squid fishing
laneends
Vyak Addict

Post by laneends »

Fishingmad wrote:I'm looking at gumtree and eBay a lot now for a good second hand yak. Thanks guys for your advice much appreciated. Out of interest is there any yakers that fish around the bellarine peninsula. We might be able to meet up for a fish one day. love my squid fishing
Quite a few..Best idea is whenever you feel like going out just put a note up in organizing trip section of the forum and it may prompt someone to join you. Theres a few members around the barwon/Ocean grove area. It's a good way to find out whats biting where.
Jordo
Square eyes
kayak: AI

Post by Jordo »

Hey glad to see you move away from the ebay yak. They are little more than a play toy. They'll get you into the sport but not much else.
having said that I pushed the limit of mine a bit before upgrading. But after doing so I wouldnt suggest those yaks for much more than cheap river fishing.
Spend some time looking around and learning a bit about the yaks and you should be able to find a bargain that suits what you want to do.
Looks like your starting to head down the right path :up: , good luck!
Time spent in the ocean is time spent living.