Your yak, what cheeses you off?

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Kiwidundee
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback...Thunder Child

Re: Your yak, what cheeses you off?

Post by Kiwidundee »

Its big, fat and slow....just like me! :oops:
My mobile 0428917691

PB...Snapper 81cm Ricketts Point, Black Marlin bigger than your yak SWR, Flathead 60cm Sunnyside, Whiting 46cm Flinders, Gummy shark 124cm Reef Island, Sth Calamari 41cm hood length Flinders.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

perfect match for big fat snapper :evilgrin:
wacazac
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Revolution 13

Post by wacazac »

It's in the carport on my car and not in the water with me on it :cry:
Spending the kids inheritance as fast as I can

pb dusky flathead 60cm
moirae
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Revo "Fishless"

Post by moirae »

How could I have missed this thread!

Revo 13.

Well, Its not an Adventure Island or a PA12.......
The things that really do my head in are as follows:

Hatch seals: Absolutely pathetic. Stretch & swell then become difficult to close. I had mine reviewed by the dealer and it is considered something that "just happens over time"...Pfft. righto. Replaced the seals with an OEM replacement and the same thing happens straight out of the bag.
Handle positioning Side handles are adequate, however the whole kayak requires an extra handle to the aft of the craft. APART from the rediculously COVERED rudder handle. I fitted an extra handle directly behind the seat and use it almost every time I have to move the boat.
Trax2 Cart The cart I own is a little bastard of a thing. Wheels like to come off on their own accord and then refuse to go back on. Height collars cannot be tightened enough to actually adjust the height. Shabby, crappy product IMO. I think I just got a dud.

Even with those issues that shyt me to tears....I freakin love my kayak in every way :P
laneends
Vyak Addict

Post by laneends »

moirae wrote:. I fitted an extra handle directly behind the seat and use it almost every time I have to move the boat.
Aquayak sell their handles inexpensively and are great as aftermarket handles for Hobies.

Opening the rear hatch, and using for a handgrip, is useful for lifting the back of the yak too.
squidgyflicker
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: 2015 hobie revolution 13

Post by squidgyflicker »

yeah...the weather doesn't automatically flatten out when im thinking about using it..................

HOW RUDE................
Nhibbo
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie Outback X 2

Post by Nhibbo »

The p1&&weak trolly cart and wheels. The outback is also very difficult to paddle if you have to, so longer paddles would have been better for this model. They should also come as standard with the larger rudder for improved turning (tried to spell manouvrebility but gave up).
Also annoyed that the main connecting pins of the mirage drive are different diam. in the older and newer models, so the drive mechanisms are not interchangeable between my 2 yaks.
Otherwise, I think they are great and innovative machines. Practical, healthy, stable, easily transportable and fun!
"We are all apprentices in a craft that none of us can ever master" Ernest Hemingway.
evildrphill
kayak: Jackson Coosa

Post by evildrphill »

I think Coosa means sail in some other language, it surely catches wind! Had to buy a drift chute meant for a 4.5m stinkboat just to slow it down so I can fish. Works ok now :D
laneends
Vyak Addict

Post by laneends »

evildrphill wrote:I think Coosa means sail in some other language, it surely catches wind! Had to buy a drift chute meant for a 4.5m stinkboat just to slow it down so I can fish. Works ok now :D
I think thats because they were really designed for river work and standing on, so theres bulk for bouyancy
evildrphill
kayak: Jackson Coosa

Post by evildrphill »

laneends wrote:
evildrphill wrote:I think Coosa means sail in some other language, it surely catches wind! Had to buy a drift chute meant for a 4.5m stinkboat just to slow it down so I can fish. Works ok now :D
I think thats because they were really designed for river work and standing on, so theres bulk for bouyancy
Yep, but it's still what cheeses me off, first world problems eh? :)