Upgrading kayak

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Gozz
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 and 2 ebay jobs.

Re: Upgrading kayak

Post by Gozz »

I had a couple paddle yaks before buying a outback and the biggest benefit with the outback is the free hands for fishing.
Plus the outback handles rough water pretty easy.
If u can't afford a new hobie look at second hand one, some pretty good deals out there.
l2andom
Square eyes
kayak: Adventure Island, WildySys T140, Outback

Post by l2andom »

Some Jacksons in action, don't think they are too bad.

Jay
Square eyes
kayak: 2014 Hobie Quest 13, 2015 Hobie Outback

Post by Jay »

l2andom wrote:Some Jacksons in action, don't think they are too bad.

I'd like to see them in action in the chop. The bays on the American west coast are fairly calm.... there was no chop in that clip...

The layout and chair look good though.

I checked them out online they are about $2k...
mknmud
Apprentice
kayak: Jackson Kraken15, Coosa and Cruise Fd and a Mayfly

Post by mknmud »

Lol I'm a solo man too but not a johno and I do have the jk Cuda14x and for the price I got it I couldn't complain and for all the trips I've done in it I can't complain and even in rough seas ie in a metre n half swell still stable, second thing I didnt want to buy a hobie I wanted to be different plus the lay out of storage of the cuda was better for me too...
Jay
Square eyes

Post by Jay »

mknmud wrote:Lol I'm a solo man too but not a johno and I do have the jk Cuda14x and for the price I got it I couldn't complain and for all the trips I've done in it I can't complain and even in rough seas ie in a metre n half swell still stable, second thing I didnt want to buy a hobie I wanted to be different plus the lay out of storage of the cuda was better for me too...

PM sent
sog
Square eyes
kayak: hobie revolution

Post by sog »

For that price get a hobie revolution 14 ft model
long and sleak enough to handle rough terrain but made for fishing
you'll never regret getting peddle power either
Jay
Square eyes

Post by Jay »

I'm pretty sure the revo is much more than $2k. Jackson Cuda is $1750 so there is a big price difference.

Price is a major part of alot of peoples purchase criteria also..
nichwan
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Dag Midway

Post by nichwan »

Do a youtube search on nz kayak fishing... you'll find most of them use OK prowlers or long narrow yaks.. then look up lure addicts nz kayak fishing on you tube and see the kind of swell that the OK Prowlers can handle.. I'm getting a cobra kayak, but OK prowlers are super stable
Gummy shark - 121cm, Elephant Shark 60cm, leather jacket- 28cm, flathead - 50cm, pinkie - 36cm, Salmon - 48.5cm, silver trevally - 29cm, zebra fish - 28cm, Gurnard - 46cm, Tailor - 36CM, Bass - 38cm, Bream 43cm, garfish 32cm, ludrick 30cm
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

nichwan wrote:Do a youtube search on nz kayak fishing... you'll find most of them use OK prowlers or long narrow yaks.. then look up lure addicts nz kayak fishing on you tube and see the kind of swell that the OK Prowlers can handle.. I'm getting a cobra kayak, but OK prowlers are super stable
Prowlers are about $2500
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

laneends wrote:
nichwan wrote:Do a youtube search on nz kayak fishing... you'll find most of them use OK prowlers or long narrow yaks.. then look up lure addicts nz kayak fishing on you tube and see the kind of swell that the OK Prowlers can handle.. I'm getting a cobra kayak, but OK prowlers are super stable
Prowlers are about $2500
you can get a 4.3 Ultra for about $ 2200 and a 4.7 Ultra for about $ 2400 - and what a lovely thing there are
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657