Aquayak Bigfish

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
sputnik
The force is strong in this one
kayak: 2015 Hobie Outback

Aquayak Bigfish

Post by sputnik »

hi there guys, i have been through all the bigfish reviews but none mention how they are out in the bay. Are they stable enough for westernport? How would they perform out there? :?:
Bretty
Yak Master
kayak: HOBIE OUTBACK RED

Re: Aquayak Bigfish

Post by Bretty »

Should handle fine :thumbsup:
Have you looked at the wavedance kingfisher you can get a factory second for around the $650 mark and it comes with a seat and paddle.
Just ask cheater they can handle anything and are probley gunna be easier to paddle :up:
Brett
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

as Bretty said I have a Kingfisher and it's been and is a fairly good yak there are quite a few of us with them and I dout If any that use them would say to much bad about them
they track pretty well I think they are farly fast on the water and stable enough to land most things - ask Whinchbitch I;ve seen him with a skate from hell up beside his yak it would have been close to 5 ft wide and it was man handled and un hooked with out him falling in

as for the bigfish I cant help you as I haven't seen many about
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
sputnik

Post by sputnik »

With the wave dance, do you find you sit very high up? I like the idea of a low sitting yak. Also what did one brand new set you back?
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

sputnik wrote:With the wave dance, do you find you sit very high up? I like the idea of a low sitting yak. Also what did one brand new set you back?
I payed $ 800 brand new it came with a seat and paddle and no you dont sit high in the saddle

as you can see you sit fairly low in them

if you look up the wavedance web page it will have the ph number it might be worth getting a price - they do have x demo yaks from time to time that go cheaper
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
RayS
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA12

Post by RayS »

and no you dont sit high in the saddle
X2.....actually sits nice and low cause of the kingys profile. They really are a great yak, very stable, pretty quick and they track very nicely too.
cheers Ray
0422 63 64 65
"It's 5 o'clock somewhere"
sputnik

Post by sputnik »

Thanks for that. Are there any threads on here with somones modifications to one?
Bretty
Yak Master
kayak: HOBIE OUTBACK RED

Post by Bretty »

sputnik wrote:Thanks for that. Are there any threads on here with somones modifications to one?
http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17
Brett
RayS
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA12

Post by RayS »

Bretty wrote:
sputnik wrote:Thanks for that. Are there any threads on here with somones modifications to one?
http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17
One of the best set ups around. Clean, neat and not over the top. I've said it before and I'll say it again....love what ya did with that Kingy Phil.
cheers Ray
0422 63 64 65
"It's 5 o'clock somewhere"
melbshayne
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: hobie revo13

Post by melbshayne »

One of my first Kayaks was a Aquayak Bigfish.

It was ok for a basic kayak, But i found it a little unstable. The way that the underpart of the kayak was cut out allowed for to much side to side rocking motion IMO.
I noticed this more when trying to get to the rear cargo area or up the front hatch. Also when there was a bit of chop.

I soon sold it after a few months and bought i second hand OUTBACK.

If i were you i would buy the Kingfisher. I'm actually thinking about getting one for up the murray river so i can get right in those snags without worrying about the mirage drive getting damaged.

Hope this helps.