Winner Leisure / Dave

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Deefa
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie TI & 3.6m paddle yak

Re: Winner Leisure / Dave

Post by Deefa »

That looks the goods - even if the diameter is a bit out I can make a rubber washer to suit, and it's cheap enough to try.

How much weight did you need to balance the kayak a bit better? I may ballast it right up the back (and jam a few pool noodles in the sides for some positive bouyancy while I'm at it).
I'm going to have an ice slurry bucket, trolley, flippers etc back there, maybe that will be enough.

ps. Babylon isn't the only one with a one-way scupper valve - my paddle effort into a head wind will be offset slightly after a feed of snags and beans. Best to stay up or cross wind if you see me on the water.

Edit: Doh! I am so bad at getting names wrong...
Last edited by Deefa on 27 Mar 2013, 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Re: Winner Leisure / Dave

Post by Babylon »

Ghurkin wrote:
Jenko wrote:As reported elsewhere, the kayak is front heavy with no gear in the back, with just me and a paddle, pulling the (supplied) rubber bung out of the front scupper hole resulted in inflow of water into the lower cockpit area.

Deefa, I can't remember where I seen them, but I came across "one way scupper valves" that would let the water out but not in, might help.
I think babylon has one of those valves fitted :eh: but its not in his yak :evilgrin:
Ha Ha Ha :bird: