Pro Angler 12 tried and Tested (Altona Pic'sVid)

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
Snow
The force is strong in this one
kayak: X

Re: Pro Angler 12 tried and Tested (Altona Pic'sVid)

Post by Snow »

Great write up and video mate. Thanks for your impressions on the PA12, I'm saving and researching for my first yak and the PA12 is one of the options I'm looking at.
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

Knogg wrote:
herbie wrote:nice write up Corey. I am surprised there aren't bungee straps to lock the rods in when stored horizontally. There are certainly straps in the 14.

The come out of the grab rail.
Yes it has those.

Just went and had a look I found the little toggles to attach to. Thank you.
Cool, seemed a bit strange that they would take those off the yak. I used to leave my rods in there permanently
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
Knogg
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler 12,COBRA,Fish and Dive,play

Post by Knogg »

BRS wrote:Great write up and video mate. Thanks for your impressions on the PA12, I'm saving and researching for my first yak and the PA12 is one of the options I'm looking at.
If you don't mind spending the money and plan on using it I do recommend. If you want to spend closer to the K mark then have a look at my fish and dive threads. If your budget fits you in the middle then about 80% of the forum can fill you in on the outback.

Welcome!!
"Every Fisherman has a story" but "Every KAYAK fisherman has a better one"
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

herbie wrote:nice write up Corey. I am surprised there aren't bungee straps to lock the rods in when stored horizontally. There are certainly straps in the 14.

The come out of the grab rail.
There are bunge cords out of the side rails in the 12.
Watch the cord that goes under the seat if you feel
Sore in your lower ass I found the cord puts pressure on you in a fine spot.
A piece of tube over the cord helps a lot.
Try a 6k peddle and see how you go.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
brett73
Square eyes
kayak: hobie PA

Post by brett73 »

Nice report report on the 12 Corey. Sounds like it suits you nicely. What position do you have the peddels set at ? mabe they could get moved a bit closer.
Knogg
Lord of the fish

Post by Knogg »

brett73 wrote:Nice report report on the 12 Corey. Sounds like it suits you nicely. What position do you have the peddels set at ? mabe they could get moved a bit closer.
Na pedals are ok for me I have another setting to go or maybe 2. I was just thinking out loud for the midgets. :lol:
Snow
The force is strong in this one
kayak: X

Post by Snow »

Knogg wrote:
BRS wrote:Great write up and video mate. Thanks for your impressions on the PA12, I'm saving and researching for my first yak and the PA12 is one of the options I'm looking at.
If you don't mind spending the money and plan on using it I do recommend. If you want to spend closer to the K mark then have a look at my fish and dive threads. If your budget fits you in the middle then about 80% of the forum can fill you in on the outback.

Welcome!!

Thanks mate, I've been looking at the Outback bit lately have also been considering the PA12 due to features like the better seating, better stability and sounder ready etc.
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Streaker Tournament/Zodiac

Post by Rhino »

Knogg wrote:And was nice to meet rhino the Altona guardian overseeing the days happenings
Nice to meet you too mate. I had seen you at the Mt Martha day but we never actually crossed paths.

Thanks for the report. I had asked you how you went in your fishing trip thread.

Just a typical day at Altona. I had to help another guy in his PA12. He was launching as you arrived. He couldn't work out how to adjust the seat and I had to give him a lesson.
Then I got busy trying to save people from themselves.

Yep, just another typical day at Altona.
Knogg
Lord of the fish

Post by Knogg »

Yes i think the first time o went to altona you hovered also. And great to bave a quick chat. In that 5 minutes rhino I clearly saw you had earnt that ambassador tag. On both trips to altona floating rubbish has caught my this time was a big red bucket. That I had to circle to grab it.

I did pretty good. First cast I'm pretty sure was actrevslley or similar. It wasn't a pinky or salmon. Maybe 300g small one. I have plenty of hard hits I didn't hook. I had a largish soft plastics but the hook pertruded quite high the idea was to help the toddlers from wasting my time. I let plenty of flaties go under 30cm. And kept those nice pan sized ones. The smaller one out of the 4 wasn't doing so well so I scooped him back up and settled that problem. I didn't get onto any pinkys. I landed a couple of salmon and a big toad and that was about it. Had to rush off to Killmore for the missus mums bday dinner so I missed the evenings feeding session.

All in all great yak and yet another feed from the yak. Haven't missed one yet.
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

The other thing to do is every now and then undo the screws on the transducer mount and clean all the sand out.

You will be surprised how much gets in there, also helps the sonar image.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's