Re-yak

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
DOMINATOR
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: hobie outback

Re: Re-yak

Post by DOMINATOR »

Buy a hobie! The mirage drive is invaluable fishing yes they are expensive but look at the resale value if u bring that in to consideration they are one of the cheapest kayaks around! Also look at what the majority of people have!!
ANYONE NEEDING A FULLY LICENSED AND INSURED ELECTRICIAN CONTACT DOM ON 0409135701
Wedge
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie PA 12

Post by Wedge »

Thanks for your thoughts Thommo, we are like minded in this area. I will not rush into anything. :up:
Wedge
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Hobie PA 12

Post by Wedge »

Bozzie wrote:
Wedge wrote:Hi everyone, I'm a new member of the forum and currently do not have a Yak but I have been doing a bit of research on various models. From my perspective I'm interested in Safety & Stability and at the moment I think the PA 14 with the "Vantage" seat would be hard to beat. I'm hoping to go down to Melbourne tomorrow to have a look at one and ask a few questions about options. Loading systems are also another consideration which I will have to sniff out. Are there distributors that parlay on price or is the price pretty much the same over all retailers?
Price is pretty well fixed, but, the options you need is where the negotiations come into it. Life vest, roof racks, loading option, kokatat pants, boots, tc.
Thanks for your thoughts Bozzie. JeffG
Peterj
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: kingfisher

Post by Peterj »

Aqua yak are good, they are basically old viking molds that have been reworked slightly so the design of the hull is proven. The week he opened in Hoppers i was the back looking about. he also still may have some support from viking in the mold department.