Tested the new beast

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
kads

Re: Tested the new beast

Post by kads »

I can see why that seat slips now...4 straps and 4 contact points, where as my seat has 4 straps and 8 contact points...get yourself a better seat, it will be tight as and wont slip.
this is my seat , Ive photoshopped the straps in blue...see how the back straps go from the top to the base...stops it sliding forward.

Chevvy
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA14, Riot escape 12, Wavedance Calypso

Post by Chevvy »

Yeah i think a new seat is in order
Salmon 50cm, squid 40cm, port Jackson 110cm, KGW 37cm, elephantfish 53cm, Snapper 53cm, ling 39cm
kads

Post by kads »

Chevvy
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA14, Riot escape 12, Wavedance Calypso

Post by Chevvy »

Got a new seat delivered the cheaper of the 2 kads posted up (can get the other one locally so thought I would give the other one a go first) it was defiantly better but I managed to break one of the plastic clips, what I'm thinking is getting it where I like it and sewing the straps up so they can't move, anyone done this? I was damn comfortable till it broke the clip and sent me slightly sideways so thinking it might be the best option.

Cheers for the links to kads, I'm getting far more confidence in the yak with a few more adjustments and a couple of DIY projects from here and she will be ready for some real fishing
Salmon 50cm, squid 40cm, port Jackson 110cm, KGW 37cm, elephantfish 53cm, Snapper 53cm, ling 39cm
Luckyphil
Square eyes
kayak: 14ft timber sea kayak, redfish 14

Post by Luckyphil »

Well done on the new yak mate,
I looked at that model a while ago but did not have the $ at the time, very good looking fishing yak hope it does you proud.
Cheers
Phil
It`s life Jim, but not as we know it ![/b

Pbs: black bream 38, Gummy 1100, whiting 38, flathead 60+,