native kayaks

Got an review on your kayak? Post it here!
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Re: native kayaks

Post by ELM »

It seem s Jim has help sort this, but I will still add my 2 bobs worth.
They are pretty well made, with good stability and the ability to pimp is nice. The Propel drive (I believe, was designed (or aided in design), by Shimano) and is also strong, and well built. But as far as I am concerned, this is where the "po's" stop. I found the propel uncomfortable to use after only a short period, the propeller is also very inefficient compared to the Hobie Mirage drive as a paddle yak, the large flat bottom has a lot of drag but the one I used did cut into the waves (what there was of them) pretty good.
The biggest thing I notice and it is the same as others have pointed out only expressed in different words;

A picture paints a thousand words, how many picture's do you see of Native's? Not many; How many picture's do you see of Hobie's? Thousands!!!!!

Don't take to long thinking about it, just get a yak, safely practice some re-entry, then get out there fishin!!!!

Ed
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie

vesuvius
kayak: hobie pro angler 12

Post by vesuvius »

yeah ya changed me mind jimbo,bugger gona cost me,hobie hear i come :yahoo:
Tipsta
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Pro Angler ( itildo )

Post by Tipsta »

vesuvius wrote:yeah ya changed me mind jimbo,bugger gona cost me,hobie hear i come :yahoo:
I think you owe him a beer,
Big step in the right direction.
Make sure its a yellow one :P

Cheers Tip