YAK TRAILERS

mozza
Apprentice
kayak: kingfisher

Re: YAK TRAILERS

Post by mozza »

Hi scott have just finished a yak trailer,for a kingfisher. This trailer was built for long distance travel.It can also launch yak at boat ramps.Yak can be loaded/unloaded from rear of trailer without any major lifting effort. fabrication costs top out at around $1600 all galvanised.all new parts.
can build trailer to your specs cheers Morry.
Photo1121.jpg
Attachments
Photo1120.jpg
Last edited by mozza on 05 Jul 2010, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Post by Jenko »

Hi Mozza, being that a yak doesn't weigh much, does the trailer bounce around much? Our roads are fairly rough.
Cheers Gary
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm
mozza
Apprentice
kayak: kingfisher

Post by mozza »

No bounce,pulls really nice.well balanced.good to back into tight areas.no problems.The steel used in trailer is heavy guage square tube sections.15 inch wheels is better for soaking up the bumps better than 10/12 inch boat wheels,also if i get a flat i can use the spare of my car.and if it does a bearing i can get one anywhere, being ford bearings. i have kept the floor open,if you launch at boat ramp, you dont want a floor or storage boxes working against you when you are trying to leave the ramp.
the kingfisher is no lightweight,its 4.1m of thick plastic,and packed with gear,battery,anchor,cart,and gear. it soon adds up to a fair wieght.