Trailer ideas?

Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Re: Trailer ideas?

Post by Jenko »

GoneFishn wrote:I actually rang vicroads about regoing my trailer as a boat trailer and they put me through to (I think) someone in safety & rules? He informed me if I was to register a box trailer as a boat trailer and get pulled over while doing a tip run I could be fined as a boat trailer is only allowed to carry a boat.
Yep a mate of mine got lumbered coming out of Mitre 10 with lengths of timber on his boat trailer out at Wallington. :mrgreen:
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Post by Digger »

Registering my home made trailer as a boat trailer cost me about $46 a year. They didn't even want to see it at Vic Roads.
Jamie444
The force is strong in this one
kayak: RIOT ESCAPE 12

Post by Jamie444 »

Update:

So the trailer I picked up today was pretty much cactus!

Too rusty to bother repairing, so we are using the axle, hitch, guards etc off the rusty trailer and basically starting from scratch.

Will keep you updated along the way.

Cheers

Jamie.
About to start making a mess!
About to start making a mess!
joffarob
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA 14 Dune

Post by joffarob »

Maybe this will work!
Rego a box trailer as a boat trailer and when using the trailer for other purposes such as tip or furniture etc. cover the number plate with a home made number plate with your cars rego. (As long as the box trailer is a standard one that doesn't require rego for general use). This would avoid getting into strive for carrying something other than a boat and allow the yak to overhang the rear. :?:
ELM
Yak Master
kayak: A very dusty one.

Post by ELM »

Jenko wrote:
GoneFishn wrote:I actually rang vicroads about regoing my trailer as a boat trailer and they put me through to (I think) someone in safety & rules? He informed me if I was to register a box trailer as a boat trailer and get pulled over while doing a tip run I could be fined as a boat trailer is only allowed to carry a boat.
Yep a mate of mine got lumbered coming out of Mitre 10 with lengths of timber on his boat trailer out at Wallington. :mrgreen:
Should of said it is a flat pack boat and he still has to put it together.
When we say it's BIG RED SEASON, we don't mean a big red blood stain on the bay,
GET YOUR LIGHTS ON + YOUR PFD'S.

Happy Sailing Fishing and keep blowing bubbles.
Cheers
Eddie