joining the other trailer guys

cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

joining the other trailer guys

Post by cheaterparts »

After 3 years of putting salt water on the roof of my ford every W/E has taken its toll so the answer is to build a trailer
then the white wagon I picked up to replace th rust bucket may stay rust free a little longer

surprising enough I've built a few hunded trailers and didn't own one my self

not sure how it will look finished as yet but theres the start an 8 x 4 trailer with a 6' draw bar

I put some side steps and tie bars on today as well - still not sure if I'll put a tradey type top on it to carry gear , still thinking about it
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Haynsie
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Revolution 13

Re: joining the other trailer guys

Post by Haynsie »

Nice.

Thinking about going the trailor option myself. Not only to combat the rust developing on the foof of my car, but so I can take the damn thing away with me on family holidays. With all the stuff that the wife and kid require for a weekend away there's no room for any yakkin' gear.

Cheers

Tim
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Haynsie wrote:Nice.

Thinking about going the trailor option myself. Not only to combat the rust developing on the foof of my car, but so I can take the damn thing away with me on family holidays. With all the stuff that the wife and kid require for a weekend away there's no room for any yakkin' gear.

Cheers

Tim
the though cross my mind to having the wagon and being able to put the yak and all the gear for a W/E means just chuck a bed in the car for those W/E yak trips
not setting up or tearing down a tent
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

looks like the start of a good project cheater :up:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
SteveB
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: '06 Outback

Post by SteveB »

Cheater

Looks like a good start :thumbsup:
cheaterparts wrote:I put some side steps and tie bars on today as well - still not sure if I'll put a tradey type top on it to carry gear , still thinking about it
Lockable storage draws would be good. Then you would have a flat top to carry the yak, and could store all your gear away in the draws permanently, so all you have to do is hook up and go!

If I had room for another trailer I might do the same :roll:
My 2c worth.

Steve
Yak PBs - Snapper 28cm : Tailor 26cm : Flathead 50cm : Salmon 40cm : Bream 30cm: Squid 28cm hood: "It was a Kingie, it was, really..."
Non-Yak PBs - Flathead 68cm : Bream tiddler : Whiting tiddler : EP "it was thaaat big, I swear"
Drew
Square eyes
kayak: 2008 Revolution Fish and 2011 Outback

Post by Drew »

I find my 2 lock boxes with the ladder rack at each end works wonders... means I can also use the trailer to cart other stuff about - timber, ladders, even had a fridge on it recently, between the front of the boxes and the front ladder rack

Yak PB's:

- Rock Flathead 45cm
Frank
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Outback

Post by Frank »

i can load them by myself. and very quick setup at launching spots
Drew
Square eyes
kayak: 2008 Revolution Fish and 2011 Outback

Post by Drew »

simple yet effective Frank!
Yak PB's:

- Rock Flathead 45cm
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

with the my kayak transporter ( the red rusty ford ) finaly buggered there has been a bit more interest in getting the trailer finished off . So while I was at work on tuesday my wife pulled out the 5" grinder and a cup wire brush and the 7" sander with a bigger cup wire brush fully cleaning up the trailer ready to paint
of cause she also seam sealed it up as well

so I got it painted up on tuesday and wednesday after work with a good coat of red primer and another good lick with some hammer tone

so today my wife pulled out the soldering iron and wired it up - I have to wire a plug on tomorrow as I didn't have one on the shelf for her today

tomorrow I have to fit a couple of skids for the yak to sit on and measure up for a lockable closed top but it will be usable while I make the top
My kayak PBs

cheater
0402 208 657
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

Awesome missus you got cheater and thats a nice looking trailer, top job :up:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.