joining the other trailer guys

cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Re: joining the other trailer guys

Post by cheaterparts »

I was going to fish today but one thing led to another and with the next 2 W/Es I'm camping - the Murray this W/E coming and LL the week after
I dicided to do some more on the trailer

before I did anything though I got the gurney out on the yak there was still fresh elephant and gummy blood and guts in the foot wells and it wasn't starting to smell fresh
if you check the pics you will see it was yellow ,dont think it has been that colour for a while

So the trailer I'm quite happy how easy it is to slide the yak on and off so the next step is to do some storage . I wonted the roof to be high enough that my rod holders ,seat and esky can stay on the yak it does make setting up and packing up pretty quick
I've made a frame strong enough to carry another yak or my canoe over the top high enough to clear the yak all set up except the rods
there is a sheet wall going in between the kayak and the blue box both ends on the boue box side will be filled in and a roof with a
full lenth lifting side door
this is for storage so all my gear will fit in there and it will be able to be locked

I have plans to cover the yak as well including a side swing up door as well thats stage 3
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Graybalz85
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA (Sponge Bob)

Post by Graybalz85 »

Looking good cheater, looking forward to swing the finished product
Yak PB: Leatherjacket 35.5cm, elephant fish 69.5cm, salmon 44cm, Whiting 38cm, squid (30cm Hood), Gummy 104cm, Flathead 34cm, Travelly 40cm, Pinkie 36cm
Gazza
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie PA 14

Post by Gazza »

Sorry Cheat don't believe it's your trailer or you've bought a new yak . Looks much too clean for yours LOL

Gazza
Ghurkin
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Ghurkin »

Gazza wrote:Sorry Cheat don't believe it's your trailer or you've bought a new yak . Looks much too clean for yours LOL

Gazza

x2 :eh:
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at them because they're all the same.
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Ghurkin wrote:
Gazza wrote:Sorry Cheat don't believe it's your trailer or you've bought a new yak . Looks much too clean for yours LOL

Gazza

I just hope the mojo didn't get washed off with the used gummy guts and WP mud stains
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

Ghurkin wrote:

Gazza

I would have thought it a bit soft for cheater to have washed his yak.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
Bozzie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Dune Pro Angler

Post by Bozzie »

Just a quick question Cheater,
Is the colour of the concrete driveway a direct result of washing your yak?

Hahahaha :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
The Rubai-Yak of Hobie Khayyam
Mob: 0409234439

snapperboy
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback red

Post by snapperboy »

that looks awesome cant wait to see the finished product with the walls
Drew
Square eyes
kayak: 2008 Revolution Fish and 2011 Outback

Post by Drew »

can you weld aluminium Steve? thinking about making up a box to fit on the front of my trailer to give us more storage when we have big trips away (like Easter) when the car is chockers...
Yak PB's:

- Rock Flathead 45cm
cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts »

Drew wrote:can you weld aluminium Steve? thinking about making up a box to fit on the front of my trailer to give us more storage when we have big trips away (like Easter) when the car is chockers...
sure can both tig or mig I'm set up to do both as home
My kayak PBs

cheater
0402 208 657