Pimpin the trailer

cotso
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback

Re: Pimpin the trailer

Post by cotso »

Wow looks great Allan. if i had a trailer like that i would have to sell the outback and get a PA to do it justice.Just a thought have you got a safety pin through the slide out bar besides the screw clamp ? myself i'd be worried if it worked loose and slid out. Imagine how many bike riders you'd get though :evilgrin:
BAYSIDE WOOD TURNING & SELF STORAGE. New 20 foot vented shipping containers, CCTV security.24/7 access, your own main gate code and your lock. $200 per month. Ph 5981-8411
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

apart from the upgraded coupling I would keep an eye on the axle as you keep adding weight - after looking at Tipsta trailer the axle doesn't rate by ADRs .there is a good chance that it will bend

just a thought
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
DOMINATOR
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: hobie outback

Post by DOMINATOR »

If you looking to do the 2nd battery a ctek 250s is agood bit of kit it regulates voltage from the battery to supply the second also can have a solar panel hooked up to it without needing the voltage regulator also will automatically isolate when you drag the voltage of the main battery down so as not to leave you stranded then you could go a step futher and add an inverter so you have some 240v if needed (pressure cleaner fish finder battery charger etc
ANYONE NEEDING A FULLY LICENSED AND INSURED ELECTRICIAN CONTACT DOM ON 0409135701
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Post by Jenko »

cheaterparts wrote:apart from the upgraded coupling I would keep an eye on the axle as you keep adding weight - after looking at Tipsta trailer the axle doesn't rate by ADRs .there is a good chance that it will bend

just a thought
Is the axel solid or hollow, looks like its hollow?
I see on their site that the 1220x 1016 one has a Capacity 544kg ATM (400+kg Payload) and the 1830 x 1220 Capacity 707kg ATM (500+kg Payload), thats a fair bit of weight.
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm
herbie
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Stabicraft 1550 Fisher

Post by herbie »

Yeah I would be surprised if you were stressing the weight rating with the yak and tool boxes.

Fully laden yak = 100kg
Tool Boxes loaded (lets say 200kg)

you still have a fair bit to play with....

Although if you keep catching flathead or snaps the way you have been then you might wanna watch the stress on the axle.
cheers

Herbie
0404 257 360
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

Jenko wrote: Is the axel solid or hollow, looks like its hollow?
I see on their site that the 1220x 1016 one has a Capacity 544kg ATM (400+kg Payload) and the 1830 x 1220 Capacity 707kg ATM (500+kg Payload), thats a fair bit of weight.
yes its a pressed U section ( not even a square section ) with stubs welded each end
herbie wrote:Yeah I would be surprised if you were stressing the weight rating with the yak and tool boxes.
Fully laden yak = 100kg
Tool Boxes loaded (lets say 200kg)
you still have a fair bit to play with....
you might be right but weight does add up pretty quick with extras
I see in the first post water tank 20 - 50 kg
and talk of batterys and fridges
add to this the small dia wheels that have harder impacts with bumps

it may not be a problem but like I said I would keep an eye on the axle
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Munroe
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler 14, 420 Renegade

Post by Munroe »

All good valid points there by all and your comments about the axle, Cheater is well noted especially if I'm to go further with add ons.

I took it down to Geelong today, Rides really well and it's a pleasure to be able to throw everything in the boxes and not have wet sandy/muddy Kokataks etc,etc in the rear of the Outback.

My neighbor actually has a spare axle( Solid) that is going to be tossed so the option is there for the taking :up:

I'm in a fish drought ATM so there's no worry about overloading the trailer right now :lol: It happened when I thought of rinsing the Reels the other month, cleaned them up too much me thinks :lol:
Munroe
http://www.munroessoftplastics.com.au
PB snapper-83cm Flathead-68cm, Dusky Flathead-80cm,EP-39cm Bream- 38cm,Tailor-58cm, Mulloway-85cm
Jenko
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Big Aluminium One

Post by Jenko »

Hey Allan, not much happening at Geelong....(did you get anything at all)..... glad I didn't venture down there today.
Cheers Gary...
WestVic Signs 0429 184 940
I got a sweater for Xmas, really wanted a moaner or screamer.

Flathead PB 83cm Bream PB 43cm Luderick 38cm
Munroe
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Pro Angler 14, 420 Renegade

Post by Munroe »

Jenko wrote:Hey Allan, not much happening at Geelong....(did you get anything at all)..... glad I didn't venture down there today.
Worked extremely hard for a couple of flatties :down: At least one of em is a Rocky about 40cm. Launched inside the lagoon, ventured out around the shell piers, drifted back to the channel and sat there for a while facing away from the wind.

You didnt miss much Gary
Munroe
http://www.munroessoftplastics.com.au
PB snapper-83cm Flathead-68cm, Dusky Flathead-80cm,EP-39cm Bream- 38cm,Tailor-58cm, Mulloway-85cm
manonaquest

Post by manonaquest »

big changes since i last seen it...nice work