Well Earned Beer (Altona Rescue)

Bretty
Yak Master
kayak: HOBIE OUTBACK RED

Re: Well Earned Beer (Altona Rescue)

Post by Bretty »

Babylon wrote:
Bretty wrote:
Babylon wrote:Keep this topic on track either congratulate darren on a great job he has done.do not start changing the path of this thread.babylon..
The path of this thread may save someone's life Jim :up:
Start a new one mate.
I would but it would just get deleted :roll:
Brett
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/honours/n ... n_form.pdf

I'm happy to kick things off but also happy to defer to anyone else with more experience/time to see this through. Not wanting to embarrass you at all Darren but recognition should be given where it's due and in this case I think it's pretty clear.
0408 565 763
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Streaker Tournament/Zodiac

Post by Rhino »

Let's not get carried away now. Whilst I appreciate the pats on the back and your thought Shane, it is becoming a bit embarrassing to be honest.
I shared the story to highlight the importance of pfd's after some recent debate, that's all.

Let's move on.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Rhino wrote:Let's not get carried away now. Whilst I appreciate the pats on the back and your thought Shane, it is becoming a bit embarrassing to be honest.
I shared the story to highlight the importance of pfd's after some recent debate, that's all.

Let's move on.
spoken like a true awards candidate.. :clap:
Jay
Square eyes
kayak: 2014 Hobie Quest 13, 2015 Hobie Outback

Post by Jay »

Darren,

Well done buddy.

I missed this one.

It's a lonely feeling out there when you come off your yak, let alone that guy with his young child.

Being a father of a young child I was stunned at reading your account of events.

Right place at right time my friend - may your good work not go unrewarded and take care !

Jay
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Rhino wrote:Let's not get carried away now. Whilst I appreciate the pats on the back and your thought Shane, it is becoming a bit embarrassing to be honest.

Let's move on.
Darren, I appreciate where you are coming from and the reasons why you posted about the incident. I honestly believe your actions are worthy of recognition as well as the wider safety awareness in the community that this kind of recognition can bring. In looking into this further, I also realise that this award process would need your cooperation along with statements from eye witnesses in order to proceed. So I will therefore respect your wishes and not personally take things further on this front. Again I just want to say well done and thanks for making a difference. :thumbsup:
0408 565 763