Woolies launch

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
Jason J
kayak: Hobie PA 14

Woolies launch

Post by Jason J »

Thinking off launching from Woolies tomorrow afternoon weather permitting, i see people say to avoid low tide but how long each side of high is reasonable for launch and retrieval.? Checked it out today looks a lot easier than JJ where ive been a few times without much luck.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: Woolies launch

Post by maverick »

You can't launch there unless you sign the petition to save WPB from AGL
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Use this link, and give yourself say 1.4m. Cant say how many hours each side of low tide as it depends how low is the low tide, and that can vary a lot.
https://tides.willyweather.com.au/vic/m ... tings.html
Jason J
kayak: Hobie PA 14

Post by Jason J »

Yep already signed the petition last night, that's why i went to check it out today. The mate i fish with has MS and struggles with the hill at JJ so Woolies looks like a much better option hopefully the fish cooperate.
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Jason J wrote:Yep already signed the petition last night, that's why i went to check it out today. The mate i fish with has MS and struggles with the hill at JJ so Woolies looks like a much better option hopefully the fish cooperate.
Onya Jason for signing the petition. :thumbsup:

Launching at the Somers yacht club is another easy option. Gummy's and whiting in the area, tidal flow is not quite so severe.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

If you want to fish Wooleys on lower tides then just launch at Stony Point boat ramp. The ramp is just around the corner from Wooleys beach so is easy enough to reach as long as there's not a raging ebb tide.

During season you have to pay to park inside the gate. However if you park just outside the gate it's easy to just wheel the yak in the short distance to launch at the ramp. Sometimes they will let you drive in to unload and setup then park outside the gate. Out of season you can just park and launch a the ramp. I've personally also found the area immediately outside the Stony ramp to be better for squid than Wolleys over a high tide.
0408 565 763