Power Pole Micro and spike

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
NEWHOBIEI11S
The force is strong in this one
kayak: HOBIE PA14

Power Pole Micro and spike

Post by NEWHOBIEI11S »

Hey Guys,
is anyone running one of these in and around PPB or WP. Any feedback good or bad appreciated. They look like a great idea but just not sure without using one.
Regards
Adrian
time2fish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: 2018 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Re: Power Pole Micro and spike

Post by time2fish »

what a waste of money..well i think it is...would be very handy and cool but wth over 1k for a electronic stick pfttttthhh $20 anchor will do me
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

NEWHOBIEI11S wrote:Hey Guys,
is anyone running one of these in and around PPB or WP. Any feedback good or bad appreciated. They look like a great idea but just not sure without using one.
Regards
Adrian
time2fish wrote:what a waste of money..well i think it is...would be very handy and cool but wth over 1k for a electronic stick pfttttthhh $20 anchor will do me
I have to agree with Andrew here - fishing Wp or PPB you will more than likely fish a little to deep for these to come near the bottom

I simple folding Anchor ( probably a 2.5 Kg ) with a small piece of chain and 60 meters of cord ( I use a cheap 3 mm cord from bunnings ) that will be good for up to 20 meters depth most of the time - tide flows or not and 12 - 15 meters in a swell
A lot cheaper and more functional
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
NEWHOBIEI11S

Post by NEWHOBIEI11S »

Thanks Guys,
I'll scratch that and look at anchor options, $1000 way over the top. Thanks for the input yakking very new to me so starting from a small knowledge base. But cant wait to get started
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

cheaterparts wrote: I simple folding Anchor ( probably a 2.5 Kg ) with a small piece of chain and 60 meters of cord ( I use a cheap 3 mm cord from bunnings ) that will be good for up to 20 meters depth most of the time - tide flows or not and 12 - 15 meters in a swell
A lot cheaper and more functional
Add more rope and you can go much deeper (40m+) even in swell, just a pain pulling up that much rope too often. The power pole is mainly for shallow flats fishing and the like where you're moving from spot to spot. More for the dedicated bream tournament fishos etc.
0408 565 763
NEWHOBIEI11S

Post by NEWHOBIEI11S »

Anchors, what sort what size, where to buy etc
Thanks Guys
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Try here:
http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22837

BCF is an easy spot to buy but most boating shops will stock what you need.
0408 565 763
NEWHOBIEI11S

Post by NEWHOBIEI11S »

Thanks Shane,
good read great info from that link. Defiantely go with and anchor chain and rope. I have got the anchor trolley kit so I can use the tips in that thread.
cheers boys
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

NEWHOBIEI11S wrote:Hey Guys,
Regards
Adrian
Yes I have one and it's great for estuaries and shallow water only, depending upon the bottom work in upto around 1.5 meters deep.
Mainly used by people fishing the tournaments for bream etc, yes pricey but if you are purchasing a new hobie with the 180 reverse drive you can easily get by without the power pole if you decide to fish some tournaments.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's