Redhot fishing charter - do not use them

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Streaker Tournament/Zodiac

Re: Redhot fishing charter - do not use them

Post by Rhino »

Did you take it up with him or have you just taken to social media platforms?
gloseto
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie Ouback

Post by gloseto »

Not sure what you mean with OP. I am no OP I am just a regular person. I posted in both forum because as I said the experience was sooooo bad that it deserved the note in the forums ..

As a reference I contacted them afterwards is facebook, and to my knowledge they filtered my message so it doesn’t show up in their facebook page.... more importantly they didn’t even write back ..... he knows the post is true. If he can’t take responsibility for the actions, that says a lot about the person .

For those that suggested that it is an assumption that the person was rude.... I certainly don’t need to assume, I was there....
if you are 71, or 15 or 40, and You fall down, where I grew up there is courtesy even for strangers .... in. The professional environment or workplace even more if the person affected is a customer...

His business runs primarily based on referrals , which means you better service you customers approximately or at the bare minimum OK. If he can’t understand that, he is the wrong business .This was completely the opposite

About the fommments regarding tuitions or calling the charter in advance .... I suppose we don’t need to do a job inte View over the phone to decide which charter to choose ...

Every fishing charter I have been to in Victoria, Australia or overseas does the basics because you can’t assume everybody knows how to fish....I guess if in doubt you may want to ask the people , but that didn’t happen either

As far as I am concern this is factual , real and there is no other intention other than sharing my experi nice of a sub standard service provided by redhot fishing charter

It is for you to decide what to do with this information
Cheers
G
Hvalross
Lord of the fish
kayak: Yellow Hobie Pro 14

Post by Hvalross »

cotso wrote:Some people run a successful business because they pay attention to detail and put in the extra care that some customers need. Customers are not all experts at what they are paying you to do for them and it's the above mentioned details that if shown to all customers will be what brings good reviews and continued custom. Not too cerebral really.
Its not a review, its a clear and obvious attempt to sabotarge a legitimate business.
When all else fails........read the instructions!
Studies have shown that people who have more Birthdays tend to live longer...
cotso
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by cotso »

Whatever. Bad reviews do that. You give S#!^ service you sabotage yourself. If you've ever run your own business you'd know that, and if you have run your own business you probably would get bad reviews also.
BAYSIDE WOOD TURNING & SELF STORAGE. New 20 foot vented shipping containers, CCTV security.24/7 access, your own main gate code and your lock. $200 per month. Ph 5981-8411
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

Hvalross wrote:
cotso wrote:Some people run a successful business because they pay attention to detail and put in the extra care that some customers need. Customers are not all experts at what they are paying you to do for them and it's the above mentioned details that if shown to all customers will be what brings good reviews and continued custom. Not too cerebral really.
Its not a review, its a clear and obvious attempt to sabotarge a legitimate business.
I don't know how you arrived at this conclusion
tightlines
Square eyes
kayak: PA 14

Post by tightlines »

I’m very disappointed to hear this review/report. After using charters at Portland for years, I would choose RHFC and Simon Renaldi before anyone else, no questions asked. Simon is the real deal when it comes to fishing, boats and seamanship. Once when we were out at the shelf he stayed out an extra two hours so we could catch the next tide change, of which he knew the fish would turn up - he was spot on! This didn’t include the 1hr he also had to drive back into shore, wait for our photos and clean our fish for us. I too was looking at the sounders and asking him questions about how the bait pushes up when the tuna are feeding. He seemed okay with it and happy to explain it all to me, but yes, he has never been overally personable.
Usually Simon has a deckhand who is fantastic! Maybe not worthwhile when just in the bay.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I would suggest that it was a culmination of a terrible snapper season and him knowing that he couldn’t find you fish that day. Generally speaking, people who use his services know how to fish (I’m not saying that they should). I would confidently say that RHFC and Simon are one of the most knowledgeable fishing crew in Victoria and usually their results speak for their success. Simon isn’t interested in bbqs, polite conversations and teaching you how to put bait on; he’s a master of finding the fish and have his clients fish (not necessarily catch) for them.
If he thought you were annoying, which I’m not saying you were, he probably switched off from you hours ago, as he had already been paid, without fish or smiles.

Maybe you could try one of the operators out of Mornington next time. Prices are $85 pp and you’ll be on a boat with about 20 other people. Or you can hire the whole boat for five hours for $1400. Either way, you’ll be guaranteed a bbq.

Did you catch any fish?
Hvalross
Lord of the fish
kayak: Yellow Hobie Pro 14

Post by Hvalross »

cotso wrote:Whatever. Bad reviews do that. You give S#!^ service you sabotage yourself. If you've ever run your own business you'd know that, and if you have run your own business you probably would get bad reviews also.
Owned and operated a Tackle Shop, did the lecture circuit, and did guiding cod. Built hundreds of custom rods for folks here and overseas. Worked for the10th largest Chemical manufacturer in the world for 18years in craft that depended on understanding what was in front of me.

Perhaps you could offer a few pointers ?
When all else fails........read the instructions!
Studies have shown that people who have more Birthdays tend to live longer...
cotso
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by cotso »

Hvalross wrote:
cotso wrote:Whatever. Bad reviews do that. You give S#!^ service you sabotage yourself. If you've ever run your own business you'd know that, and if you have run your own business you probably would get bad reviews also.
Owned and operated a Tackle Shop, did the lecture circuit, and did guiding cod. Built hundreds of custom rods for folks here and overseas. Worked for the10th largest Chemical manufacturer in the world for 18years in craft that depended on understanding what was in front of me.

Perhaps you could offer a few pointers ?
Wow your are a chest thumper aren't you. You obviously know it all and have a high opinion of your own views and a critical opinion of other people's reviews. Maybe you could try not being a grumpy old man. But that's just my opinion. Maybe I should have done an in-depth search and information gathering excercise on you before offering any support for the OP. There's always someone on forum's that like to talk people down, maybe you could add that badge to you wonderful resume. No need to reply as I'll no longer bother with this forum, the OP probably won't either.
BAYSIDE WOOD TURNING & SELF STORAGE. New 20 foot vented shipping containers, CCTV security.24/7 access, your own main gate code and your lock. $200 per month. Ph 5981-8411
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Post by choppers »

:lol:
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
Widsa
Site Admin
kayak: Wavedance Kingfisher

Post by Widsa »

Ok time to step in and lock this one lads.
Cheers and happy New Year.
Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway