Lang Lang help

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
Toady king
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Waterdance Kingfisher

Lang Lang help

Post by Toady king »

Hey guys planning on fishing Lang Lang for gummy and possible snapper. But I've never been to Lang Lang. So how far out roughly do I need to paddle to clear the mud ? Where do I launch ?
a quick fish can be between 1-8 hours
Fish aholic
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback

Re: Lang Lang help

Post by Fish aholic »

Hey mate just launch at the boat ramp near the caravan park just remember you will need at least a meter of tide to launch and retrieve and it's all mud lol
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Have a look under the launch spots section Zak and you will find plenty of info.

The launch at LL is the boat ramp at the end of Jetty Rd then turn right. You will need at least 1m of tide to launch. The water is shallow out from the ramp for about 1km. The main channels are south west of the ramp. Look on navionics and you will see where to head. Over low tide or chasing snapper the channels are where to head. On a rising tide gummies and snapper can be anywhere over the flats.
Last edited by shane on 10 Oct 2017, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
0408 565 763
Toady king

Post by Toady king »

Fish aholic wrote:Hey mate just launch at the boat ramp near the caravan park just remember you will need at least a meter of tide to launch and retrieve and it's all mud lol
Yeah I remember. I don't want to get stuck :mrgreen:
Toady king

Post by Toady king »

shane wrote:Have a look under the launch spots section Zac and you will find plenty of info.

The launch at LL is the boat ramp at the end of Jetty Rd then turn right. You will need at least 1m of tide to launch. The water is shallow out from the ramp for about 1km. The main channels are south west of the ramp. Look on navionics and you will see where to head. Over low tide or chasing snapper the channels are where to head. On a rising tide gummies and snapper can be anywhere over the flats.
Cheers :thumbsup: I'll have a look at it now :D
Toady king

Post by Toady king »

So I had a look at navionics and it says the channel is like 2m deep. I'm guessing it's on low. The channel that's straight out from the boat ramp. Is that right ?
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Toady king wrote:So I had a look at navionics and it says the channel is like 2m deep. I'm guessing it's on low. The channel that's straight out from the boat ramp. Is that right ?
It gets a little deeper than that and deepens as you head south. You really should be exploring all the channels in the area, particularly from the junctions south past JJ. They get to over 13m deep and will hold plenty of red and a couple of other colours at times. Palmers channel that runs along French Island is also worth a look. The general rule of thumb is head onto the flats during the flood and towards the channels over the low. However you may find that the snapper are schooled along the channels at times and that's where you should target over a tide change.

The other launch option is Jam Jerrup (JJ). There's a car park at the south end of Foreshore Rd and a steep ramp down to the beach. JJ gives more immediate access to the channels and some good flats fishing straight out. You can also fish with the tides and head down and around Spit Point into some of the better early season snapper grounds north of Corinella.
0408 565 763
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

Toady king wrote:So I had a look at navionics and it says the channel is like 2m deep. I'm guessing it's on low. The channel that's straight out from the boat ramp. Is that right ?
Navionics is wrong a lot of the time I've found. It's good for a rough idea of what is going on but trust your eyes and sounder rather than the maps.

I wonder how many of the boats that end up decorating the mud banks come from someone going full noise because 'yeah nah she'll be right, it says there's a channel here'