set up for a revo 13

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
westy
Lord of the fish
kayak: hobie compass and adventure island

set up for a revo 13

Post by westy »

Seeing that l pick up my new revo 13 this thursday, :evilgrin: :evilgrin: l was wondering if any fellow revo jockeys have some good ideas on set up for rod holders and what sort work well, l still want to be able to paddle as well, photos would be nice.
Will be trolling as well as bait fishing.
Thanks Westy :up:
Last edited by westy on 11 Apr 2017, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Re: set up for a revo 13

Post by laneends »

Rocket launchers just in front of mesh pockets will keep rod butts and reels out of the way to help you paddle. pistol type butts will get in the way. I use scotty recessed. I also interchange these with berkley quicksets sometimes as they fit in same socket. The berkleys have the reel on the outboard side of holder so minimal rod and reel intrusion.

This is on a revo 16, but same would apply to a 13.
P1000771.JPG
You can use geartracs but that gets expensive and you have to workout whether you will actually move them or not

If you want to troll turn launcher around so they are 45 degree out and behind you,reduces tangling with rudder and makes grabbing rod & rigging easier.
isportfish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Revo

Post by isportfish »

Gday Westy.

See below for my set up. Was a few years ago, but not changed much at all since.
Cheers Lindsay

http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16077
outback paul
Square eyes
kayak: Revo 13

Post by outback paul »

Hi Paul, it's great to hear you went for the Revo (you must have enjoyed your test paddle in Portland). I haven't been on the water for a couple of months, but may head down to Mornington Easter Monday. Let me know if you're fishing locally tomorrow, and we could also have a chat about set-up. Best wishes, Paul
westy
Lord of the fish

Post by westy »

outback paul wrote:Hi Paul, it's great to hear you went for the Revo (you must have enjoyed your test paddle in Portland). I haven't been on the water for a couple of months, but may head down to Mornington Easter Monday. Let me know if you're fishing locally tomorrow, and we could also have a chat about set-up. Best wishes, Paul
Sorry Paul, didnt see this post as l was away.
Yep shes a slick ride, see what you mean about room, but l knew that, but effortless pedaling :D
Catch up later :thumbsup:
westy
Lord of the fish

Post by westy »

Thanks guys for the info, was great, :thumbsup: .