How do you fish?

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Re: How do you fish?

Post by Reeling »

chunk9000 wrote:Hi Nath.
Not sure where I'll be over Easter, but good chance I'll be in the local area Sunday or Monday​ and will put a post up. The rain may have shut things down for a while but always good to have a go.
Trent
Ye great. just give me a shout. I'm around over Easter apart from Saturday and Monday arvo.
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
upforayak
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie

Re: How do you fish?

Post by upforayak »

Hi all, got my outback out for its first fish on Saturday. Was very blowy so I went into my local Patto Lakes system to target Bream. The question I have is how does everyone fish in fast moving currents? I have seen Rick Massey fishing in there on his PA and I understand how to target them but what I struggled with was holding position long enough to cast lines. I was struggling to keep the boat in the same area/direction and found myself fighting with the currents and the boat to get more than 1 cast in a certain area....
Any tips would be great :thumbsup:

I was thinking should I use an anchor?
Am I facing the wrong way? I tried casting into the current and pedaling slowly into the current to hold position. This worked but I couldn't fish the lures as they would swim back past me, if I cast with the current I can't pedal backwards to hold position...
Cheers all :up: