Recommended spare parts for the PA?

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Re: Recommended spare parts for the PA?

Post by chrisw »

bjspinner wrote:Same axle size as the trap 2-30 cart, I use the solid wheels on the same cart I cut some spacers from plastic water pipe and swap wheels for the appropriate terrain.
Great, thanks! - I'll order a pair of the solid wheels. Also on the topic of plastic water pipe that reminds me I meant to ask at some point if it is OK to store the PA14 flat on a concrete floor, or should I be putting two bits of plastic pipe under as I've seem some folk suggest?

I have some 55mm pipe that I could use but it does seem a little excessive to need to stick it under every time I bring it in. Maybe it's more a thing for long-term storage or really hot days?
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

If storing flat on a concrete floor I'd just buy some foam matting and lay it between the PA and the concrete floor.
0408 565 763
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

shane wrote:If storing flat on a concrete floor I'd just buy some foam matting and lay it between the PA and the concrete floor.
As Shane said here, PAs are a bit stronger than other models just don't leave the cart wheels in for storage as the yak will distort.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's