PA newb questions (storage and rod holders)

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Re: PA newb questions (storage and rod holders)

Post by chrisw »

bjspinner wrote: As for tackle tray, I have taken it out and use a larger tray/ folding box inside the hull this stores much more than you can get in the two Plano trays.
Shane's PA is very different in the hull as it doesn't have the tackle tray you have (earlier model)

Use the yak a bit more before you go to far in my opinion as everyone is different in how they like them setup, different fishing will require you to move things around so don't rush it try first.
Thanks for the advice and I will keep it in mind - not intending to rush, just kind of felt I already didn't like the tackle boxes there as the hatch is a nice easy to reach dry(ish) storage area that seems a bit wasted on tackle that could be put somewhere else. As I work on my layout I've been kind of enviously eyeing that spot as a nice place to stash odds and ends and wanted to find out if I'm the odd one out or not ;)
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

chrisw wrote:
bjspinner wrote: As for tackle tray, I have taken it out and use a larger tray/ folding box inside the hull this stores much more than you can get in the two Plano trays.
Shane's PA is very different in the hull as it doesn't have the tackle tray you have (earlier model)

Use the yak a bit more before you go to far in my opinion as everyone is different in how they like them setup, different fishing will require you to move things around so don't rush it try first.
Thanks for the advice and I will keep it in mind - not intending to rush, just kind of felt I already didn't like the tackle boxes there as the hatch is a nice easy to reach dry(ish) storage area that seems a bit wasted on tackle that could be put somewhere else. As I work on my layout I've been kind of enviously eyeing that spot as a nice place to stash odds and ends and wanted to find out if I'm the odd one out or not ;)
I actually use some fold up draw storage boxes from IKEA they have a zip on the diagonal so they fold into the hatch, great as the zips are nylon so don't corrode varying sizes in the pack so you can use the large and the half size.

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/90323958/
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
chrisw
Square eyes

Post by chrisw »

bjspinner wrote:I actually use some fold up draw storage boxes from IKEA they have a zip on the diagonal so they fold into the hatch, great as the zips are nylon so don't corrode varying sizes in the pack so you can use the large and the half size.
That's a great idea!

(Now I just need to figure out how to visit an Ikea store without walking out with a half-ton of other stuff ... :oops: )
MrTall
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: mini-x, revo, oasis

Post by MrTall »

Easy.. don't take the missus.
chrisw
Square eyes

Post by chrisw »

MrTall wrote:Easy.. don't take the missus.
Visit an Ikea store without bringing SWMBO? Thanks, but I happen to like breathing ;)