Looking for somewhere fish Sunday morning

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
nebben838
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie outback (seagrass green)

Looking for somewhere fish Sunday morning

Post by nebben838 »

Hey guys and girls,
I'm thinking of heading out for a fish tomorrow morning first light ish...any recommendations based on weather for the Mornington peninsula? Either side port Phillip or western port but I'm thinking western port based on wind.im still not great with weather predictions but I'm learning.

Thanks.
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Re: Looking for somewhere fish Sunday morning

Post by shane »

Mornington/Mt Martha shouldn't bee too bad in a 8kt ENE. That's not a good direction for the west side of WP apart from Somers. You also need to consider tide on the west side, which will be choppy after the tide turns mid-morning. If you want to head to WP i'd suggest going around a bit further towards Coronet Bay/Reef Island where it will be more offshore, lighter and less tide.

If you're unsure of wind then get on Meteye and check the wind strength, wave height and direction in different parts of the bay across the morning. Anything offshore, under 10kts and less than 0.5m chop will be comfortable for most yakkers.
0408 565 763
nebben838
The force is strong in this one
kayak: hobie outback (seagrass green)

Post by nebben838 »

shane wrote:Mornington/Mt Martha shouldn't bee too bad in a 8kt ENE. That's not a good direction for the west side of WP apart from Somers. You also need to consider tide on the west side, which will be choppy after the tide turns mid-morning. If you want to head to WP i'd suggest going around a bit further towards Coronet Bay/Reef Island where it will be more offshore, lighter and less tide.

If you're unsure of wind then get on Meteye and check the wind strength, wave height and direction in different parts of the bay across the morning. Anything offshore, under 10kts and less than 0.5m chop will be comfortable for most yakkers.

Thanks Shane,
Maybe I'll try Mornington instead.
isportfish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie Revo

Post by isportfish »

I will be at Mt Martha tomorrow morning 5-5.30ish from Balcombe creek. From the carpark heading north back up past birdrock to the reef areas.
Reeling
Lord of the fish
kayak: Stealth PF 525

Post by Reeling »

So many of these little tips and tricks this forum is offering. I love it.

This is yet another one of those threads.

Nath
Tuna 20.5kg ---KingFish 90cm --- Snapper 84cm --- Gummy 83cm (55cm legal) ---- Whiting 40cm --- Silver Trevelly 41cm --- Flathead 52cm --- Aussie Salmon 38cm --- Squid 34cm hood

Facebook Page Reeling Fish
Instagram Page Reeling Fish
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Reeling wrote:So many of these little tips and tricks this forum is offering. I love it.

This is yet another one of those threads.

Nath
You get out what you put in. If we dont contribute we dont learn anything, especially about were is safe and where is not under certain conditions.