Fishfinder/Sounder- Which one?

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Re: Fishfinder/Sounder- Which one?

Post by Jacko »

I found the Hummingbird 688ci HD DI KVD Nav combo also on special at soundmarine.
Hummingbird 688ci HD DI KVD Nav combo
Hummingbird 688ci HD DI KVD Nav combo
I ordered it a few days ago but had hassles with online payments not going through.
I ended up transfering funds but the soundmarine tracking system still has failure of credit payment against my order.
Hopefully it is just a delay by the bank and my order should soon arrive.

Does anyone know where soundmarine are located & have their phone number ?
Magpie_Mick
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Thresher 140

Post by Magpie_Mick »

The same thing has happened to my order. Makes me wonder what is going on.
Jacko
Lord of the fish

Post by Jacko »

Fri 11th Nov
I also wonder what's going on.
Seems they are an online shop only & don't update tracking for their customers.
No phone number or address that I can find.
I did a bit of a search & the Bpay number they gave is a financial company not soundmarine.
I've sent soundmarine a message via their website tonight seeking confirmation of my order & an estimated delivery date.
I don't expect to get an answer until next week given it is Friday night.
Hopefully they will honour our orders & we haven't done our dough.

edit Sat 12th Nov -
Did a bit more searching & found a NSW based company called Sound Marine Products Pty Ltd.
I don't know whether this is the same company - but -
Sound Marine Products Pty Ltd was incorporated on 13 June 1984 (Wednesday) and as of 11 November 2016 (Friday) is a Strike-off Action In Progress Australian Private Company.
Apparently that means the company is being deregistered by ASIC.
Last edited by Jacko on 12 Nov 2016, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
cobby
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie i9s

Post by cobby »

Given most appear to be grey imports, some below current US pricing and older models no longer produced.... I wouldn't hold out much hope.
Hvalross
Lord of the fish
kayak: Yellow Hobie Pro 14

Post by Hvalross »

I Googled SOUNDMARINE and came up with an Aussie based company.....I am very aware that PayPal has some gliches for some folks.
My experieces with getting refunds from China and the like means if I cant get PayPal I just will not buy, no matter how good the deal is
Can you cancel payment at your bank?
When all else fails........read the instructions!
Studies have shown that people who have more Birthdays tend to live longer...
Jacko
Lord of the fish

Post by Jacko »

cobby wrote:Given most appear to be grey imports, some below current US pricing and older models no longer produced.... I wouldn't hold out much hope.
Their website does say they import stock direct from manufacturers (grey imports).
The older models are the ones on sale on their website so I assumed they were trying to get rid of old stock.

I will follow it up next week.
Jacko
Lord of the fish

Post by Jacko »

Hvalross wrote:I Googled SOUNDMARINE and came up with an Aussie based company.....I am very aware that PayPal has some gliches for some folks.
My experieces with getting refunds from China and the like means if I cant get PayPal I just will not buy, no matter how good the deal is
Soundmarine didn't offer paypal but I didn't think it was an issue since I believed they were an Aussie based company with stock in an Australian warehouse on sale.
Transfer is already on my bank statement but I will look in to cancelling payment if I find company is deregistered.
Hvalross
Lord of the fish
kayak: Yellow Hobie Pro 14

Post by Hvalross »

Jacko wrote:
Hvalross wrote:I Googled SOUNDMARINE and came up with an Aussie based company.....I am very aware that PayPal has some gliches for some folks.
Soundmarine didn't offer paypal but I didn't think it was an issue since I believed they were an Aussie based company with stock in an Australian warehouse on sale.
Transfer is already on my bank statement but I will look in to cancelling payment if I find company is deregistered.
Not criticising your actions at all, this whole saga is bloody awful for you. All I am conveying is that I am so nervi
[youtube][/youtube]
Nervous about buying on the internet that iI just wont go outsde PayPal.
When I found that I was on the brink of losing my money on a China purchase I was bloody glad for my caution.

Having heard of the volume of fraud early on years ago I created a separate bank account into which I deposit only the funds needed for my intended purchase. That way if I get stung my loss is limited , and they cant access any more money.
When all else fails........read the instructions!
Studies have shown that people who have more Birthdays tend to live longer...
Jacko
Lord of the fish

Post by Jacko »

Hvalross wrote:
Jacko wrote:
Not criticising your actions at all, this whole saga is bloody awful for you. All I am conveying is that I am so nervi
[youtube][/youtube]
Nervous about buying on the internet that iI just wont go outsde PayPal.
When I found that I was on the brink of losing my money on a China purchase I was bloody glad for my caution.

Having heard of the volume of fraud early on years ago I created a separate bank account into which I deposit only the funds needed for my intended purchase. That way if I get stung my loss is limited , and they cant access any more money.
I never did like shopping on line. Always prefer the old fashioned way - to go in to a physical store where what you see is what you get and you can get advice from sales reps. - But unfortunately the technology catches up with us and we have to move forward - especially when on line shops offer better prices and free delivery.
Magpie_Mick
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Thresher 140

Post by Magpie_Mick »

Found this on Sound Marine
Sound Marine Products Pty Ltd was incorporated on 13 June 1984 (Wednesday)and as of 11 November 2016 (Friday) is a Strike-off Action In Progress Australian Private Company.
see https://www.aus61business.com/company/S ... -Pty-Ltd-1

So essentially ASIC is deregistering the company.

Mick