Dry pants for big people

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
Nuts
Apprentice
kayak: Hobie PA14

Re: Dry pants for big people

Post by Nuts »

Thanks for the feedback guys, hopefully they'll have some at the boat show I can try on :)
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

Before I got the Lovig drypants with socks I used ebay drypants from China without socks.
http://www.dhgate.com/product/dry-pants ... 56140.html
The pants from China are a lot thinner fabric and not as good quality but are also a lot cheaper.
I used thermals underneath to keep warm.
If you decide to get some in from China make sure you get the biggest size for big people.
I got XL and they were a bit small for me at 5 foot 11 and 95kg.
shane wrote: On the feet I've found a cheap ($15) pair of oversized black runners with velcro straps from Kmart to be the best so far. When doing a lot of pedaling I find having proper footwear makes a big difference and these cope very well with the water plus won't come off in mud etc.
I bought a pair of neoprene aqua shoes to use with Lovig drypants but found the shoes quite tight and uncomfortable after a while of pedaling.
They tend to squash the sock in creases against your feet, especially at the seams.
Now I just use crocs but the crocs can slip off as you walk the yak in our out before/after launch.

When you try on the dry pants also try on shoes.
Anthony
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA12

Post by Anthony »

I normally wear size 12s but I wear a pair of size 13 neoprene rockfishing boots on the kayak and they fit perfectly over my socks and drypants.
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

The cheap shoes I have are size 13 so they fit easily over the dry pant socks without pinching. I've tried dive boots and neoprene high boots but they don't provide a secure fit and I get sore balls/soles on my feet after a day of hard pedaling. The shoes have proper soles to protect the feet better, velcro straps are secure through mud and stay light by not taking on much water. :up:
0408 565 763