Couple of questions

Questions new members commonly ask e.g. Which kayak should I buy?
Jackofjr
Apprentice
kayak: Nil

Re: Couple of questions

Post by Jackofjr »

G'day All
Just thought it was time for a bit of a update , to what I have been up to , the wife and I have been out doing quite a bit of paddling , we camped at Mallacoota for 11days , a couple of weeks ago , it was great the weather was just about perfect , did a bit of Kayak site seeing taking photos and video , caught quite a few flatties and tailor , released most of them .

I knocked up a milk crate to cart stuff , bought a Rhino T-Loader it makes loading the Yak much easier ,

Next trip we are thinking maybe Metung , Paynesville area any tips on good places to launch , take a few photos and may be even catch a fish ?

All good so far we are enjoying getting around in our Odyssey

catch ya Jacko
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Jackofjr wrote:G'day All
Just thought it was time for a bit of a update , to what I have been up to , the wife and I have been out doing quite a bit of paddling , we camped at Mallacoota for 11days , a couple of weeks ago , it was great the weather was just about perfect , did a bit of Kayak site seeing taking photos and video , caught quite a few flatties and tailor , released most of them .

I knocked up a milk crate to cart stuff , bought a Rhino T-Loader it makes loading the Yak much easier ,

Next trip we are thinking maybe Metung , Paynesville area any tips on good places to launch , take a few photos and may be even catch a fish ?

All good so far we are enjoying getting around in our Odyssey

catch ya Jacko
If you a going to Metung you can explore the Tambo River. Ramp at Johnsonville or lanuch from metung side from road further down stream that runs along river. Theres no launch at Swan Reach (main highway crossing)
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

There are plenty of launch areas around both Paynesville and Metung.

Chinamans creek as you come into Metung in amongst moored boats so some shelter.

Shaving point boat ramp you can launch off the beach all along the point.

Paynesville there are also many but Duck Arm is a nice area that can be accessed from Lake Victoria road there is a beach ramp right as you get to the water in the arm, this area is the Banksia Peninsula great sheltered area in Duck Arm.

Have a look on google satellite maps you can find some good launch spots around both areas.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
Jackofjr
Apprentice
kayak: Nil

Post by Jackofjr »

Thanks for the info ,
I didn't think it would be to hard to find somewhere , Duck Arm I have heard that mentioned somewhere before .

Regards Jacko .