SafeTrx App

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Re: SafeTrx App

Post by cheaterparts »

peatop wrote:Hi Jeremy,
I installed the app last night but cant seen to add vessel, everything else worked ok.
Jeremy go into my profile and theres a section Vessel/crafts- I had no trouble putting the profisha in
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
peatop
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: dune PA14

Post by peatop »

cheaterparts wrote:
I installed the app last night but cant seen to add vessel, everything else worked ok.
Jeremy go into my profile and theres a section Vessel/crafts- I had no trouble putting the profisha in
Ok all sorted, was trying to do it on the web site, done it on the app ;)
Mob no: 0401580668
Yak PBs kingfish (about this big <>>><), squid 39 cm, king george 42 cm, snapper 72 cm, gummy 122 cm, 71cm flatty (estimated ) Cobia 133cm
djillusions24
Apprentice
kayak: JetOcean

Post by djillusions24 »

peatop wrote:
cheaterparts wrote:
Ok all sorted, was trying to do it on the web site, done it on the app ;)
Glad you got it sorted.

Under your profile you can add your vessels, personal details, emregency contact and your vehicle details.

Vehicle details can be handy, if you have failed to return on time, one of the things we will do in the emregency activation process is get the local police to go check your launch location to see if the vehicle is there - in some cases people come back early and forget to stop their track. If the car is gone its a good sign!

You can also create custom checklists for each vessel, once you set your plan the app will show your checklist, you can add things like dont forget the bungs or any other things you may forget from time to time!
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Post by chrisw »

djillusions24 wrote:If you dont mind, Ill grab copies of your posts and raise this through EMV to the BoM to see if we cant get it resolved.
Sure, feel free.

Honestly I'm more interested in having the culture issue that allowed this to stay unfixed for so long solved than having this one instance solved right now (though of course it still needs to be fixed).

As I say in the thread, if you can't trust the BOM as a primary, baseline data source, who can you trust? Up to then if I saw a difference between those BOM readings and a third-party site, I'd assume the third party was wrong and take the BOM as gospel. Now I don't know what to think.

I want to feel confident in their local readings and the delay in fixing this says to me they don't seem to have that as a high priority.
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

djillusions24 wrote:
chrisw wrote:Hi Jeremy,

Not really specific to the app but mention of it reminded me of something else that you may be able to help with.

Maybe someone from the coast guard tweeting something like "ummm hey don't you guys think this is a safety issue? Why take months to fix it?" may get a faster reaction ...
What a total pain and frankly not good enough, telling people to check weather conditions before heading out is one of our key safety messages but if they are getting false information it totally defeats the purpose.

If you dont mind, Ill grab copies of your posts and raise this through EMV to the BoM to see if we cant get it resolved.
I think you will find Frankston also has an issue if today's weather is anything to go by 30 deg with 3 knot winds @ 5pm.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
djillusions24
Apprentice
kayak: JetOcean

Post by djillusions24 »

bjspinner wrote:
I think you will find Frankston also has an issue if today's weather is anything to go by 30 deg with 3 knot winds @ 5pm.
Not sure if its still the case, but the Frankston weather observation station was moved from the roof of the Coast Guard building to under the Frankston Pier due to constant vandalism, as a result it reads a significantly lower ambient temperature than other weather stations - I remember reading they were working on ways to fix this or alternate locations but clearly not.