This Sounds Promising

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

This Sounds Promising

Post by Yako »

It looks like the water police will be getting some new boats to crack down on hoons etc :yahoo:
They seem to have caught numerous people recently.
POLICE have issued nearly 3000 penalty notices to people doing the wrong thing on Victorian waterways in the past six months.
I'm sure these boats will pay for themselves quickly just with wave runners :lol:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 9b2ef814e2
Attachments
Water Police.jpg
John 3.16/17
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Re: This Sounds Promising

Post by maverick »

You reckon they could have spelt police correctly, it's not like we have to look in the mirror to read it.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

The one above is for dyslexic hoons, this is the other one...
Attachments
Water Police.jpg
Water Police.jpg (86.01 KiB) Viewed 2368 times
vicyak
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie PA 14

Post by vicyak »

I know there old boats which looked a lot lighter and smaller had twin 350hp giant engines. I've seen them chase someone down. Didn't have a chance to get away.

They should have some smaller boats on patrol as well. Ie. 24ft. to blend it better. the police boats stand out too much and you can spot them in the distance easily. if you were doing something wrong you have time to react. I've seen this first hand when there were 30+ plus boats fishing 2 distinct areas around Point cook. You can see the police boat in the distance checking other boats. A lot of boats packed up and moved because they were spotted 600m away.

Not me of course. I'm all legit.
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

Don't forget they have a flotilla of jet ski's as well.
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Post by Yako »

maverick wrote:You reckon they could have spelt police correctly, it's not like we have to look in the mirror to read it.
I flipped the image to see if anyone was paying attention :P :lol:
John 3.16/17
cobby
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie i9s

Post by cobby »

vicyak wrote:I know there old boats which looked a lot lighter and smaller had twin 350hp giant engines. I've seen them chase someone down. Didn't have a chance to get away.

They should have some smaller boats on patrol as well. Ie. 24ft. to blend it better. the police boats stand out too much and you can spot them in the distance easily. if you were doing something wrong you have time to react. I've seen this first hand when there were 30+ plus boats fishing 2 distinct areas around Point cook. You can see the police boat in the distance checking other boats. A lot of boats packed up and moved because they were spotted 600m away.

Not me of course. I'm all legit.
There's a bass strait boats offshore 24 docked at Hastings on a semi permanent basis for the last upteen years and engine changes. Other than the rubber on the sides, to anyone else it looks just like a normal bsb 24 from over 1km away

Edit: and they have a Haines 600R that's virtually unmarked. They have a range of boats