re entrance practice

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
Mr Tangle
The force is strong in this one
kayak: Viking pro fish 400

re entrance practice

Post by Mr Tangle »

How long have been since you practiced re-entrance in your kayak?
Last friday after fishing at Grantville all morning i decided to practice my kayak skills and re entrance and to my surprise i really struggled to get back into my kayak after 5 attempts i finally managed to get on top off my kayak! :oops:
another thing that i noticed is that my pfd was poorly fited :oops:
i am so glad that i practiced this on a controlled environment and no by accident in the middle of westernport :shock:
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Re: re entrance practice

Post by Seasherpa »

Always good to do Angelo :thumbsup:
laneends
Vyak Addict
kayak: Quests 11 13 Adventure 16 Revo 16 ORSki epic k1

Post by laneends »

Throw in a bit of choppy conditions, just to make sure you dont get tipped off the other side,especially on the narrower kayaks.
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Post by choppers »

Mr Tangle wrote:How long have been since you practiced re-entrance in your kayak?
Last friday after fishing at Grantville all morning i decided to practice my kayak skills and re entrance and to my surprise i really struggled to get back into my kayak after 5 attempts i finally managed to get on top off my kayak! :oops:
i am so glad that i practiced this on a controlled environment and no by accident in the middle of westernport :shock:

Nice one angelo. I need to do another flip and reentry practice.. make it a rough day i rekon
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

choppers wrote:
Mr Tangle wrote:How long have been since you practiced re-entrance in your kayak?

Nice one angelo. I need to do another flip and reentry practice.. make it a rough day i rekon
Do it at a surf session :thumbsup:
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Post by Franko »

Practiced this weekend, being young and fit I was able to re enter the yak front side and rear. flipping the yak was hard but using the mirage fins I rolled over using my weight and she up righted. highly recommend it as you never know next time will add more gear.
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes