Cover Up

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: AI

Cover Up

Post by cruiser »

Hi Guys
Just thought I would share this ,had a nasty taken out last Tuesday ,yep jack the dancer again ,its called squamous cell carcinoma and can spread to the glands and other parts of the body ,this thing lived on my lip for about 5 years before the good wife insisted I have it checked out ,lucky I did so thank you Mrs Cruiser :thumbsup:
Attachments
P1200155.JPG
mob 0423 492 759
gus fitzroy
Lord of the fish
kayak: revo 13

Re: Cover Up

Post by gus fitzroy »

Hey cruiser, thanks for posting that up a good reminder to all to check out anything dodgy.

Have you got a pre-op photo of the carcinoma just out of interest??
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: AI

Post by cruiser »

gus fitzroy wrote:Hey cruiser, thanks for posting that up a good reminder to all to check out anything dodgy.

Have you got a pre-op photo of the carcinoma just out of interest??
Cheers Gus ,no it was just a bit of flakey skin on the lip that would go in the winter and come back in the summer
mob 0423 492 759
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Post by Franko »

Geeeeez, thats crazy take care out there everybody... our sun is crazy strong i am in the tyre industry and we are lucky to get 5 years out of rubber before its starts falling apart and perishing. I can only imagine the affect on us.
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes
bunyip
Square eyes
kayak: Prowler 13 and Cole 23 floating bordello

Post by bunyip »

I had one removed from my upper arm about 25 years ago, I was working outside and it was underr the sleeve so it shows that it doesn't attack where the exposure is.
Came back benign but it was still a wake up call and 17 stitches.
Cancer is a bastard and claimed my Mother and Father.
chrisw
Square eyes
kayak: Dune PA14

Post by chrisw »

Yeah this stuff scares me. I grew up in central Qld in the 60's and 70's when it was considered normal to go red and have peeling skin on vacation. No hats, no sunscreen. Had a number of BCC's removed so far including one that required a Moh's.

Before I start back into kayaking I'm gonna have to work out what I'm gonna do to keep the sun impact to a minimum. Even SPF 50+ sunscreen seems to leave me with light burning if I'm out in the sun long enough (though maybe I'm just not using it right).

Guess I could just cover my entire face with zinc, that way I can be sure I don't miss any spots :D
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Sorry to hear you get to share a story about this again Cruiser, but thanks for sharing. :thumbsup: Good luck for the recovery.
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.