Just havin a Winge

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Just havin a Winge

Post by Yako »

I was out last night in the Tenby Granville area of WP and there was another bloke out there in an orange yak with dark clothing on. He was sitting probably about 1,5k's out from the G and closer towards Tenby but not in any channel. He was out before we got we got out (perhaps Cheater knew him??)
Anyway we thought he had gone around Corinella or somewhere because we couldn't see him. :?:
On the way back in I was worried we may run into him (slim chance) even though we had our white "anchor" lights on and bright headlights on.
We were cruising back at 7kmh and my thoughts were what would happen if I hit him at that speed with my yak (my weight + PA fully loaded = 170Kg)???
While we were packing up he came in didn't say anything, wearing dark clothing not sure if he had a pfd walked up to his Blue two tone Ute with canopy on, hopped into it and reversed (almost taking out the sign next to the ramp) down the ramp loaded up and zoomed off.
I guess I'm also wondering if he took more than his catch??? :eh:
I'm not saying his take was illegal but his setup was not right, and both myself and my mate were wondering where he was out in the dark and why do you have to fish in stealth mode???
Also wearing dark clothing like that if there in an emergency - How "Stupid" (Yes I used Stupid) are you to wear clothing that would make you literally impossible to see at night (like people walking on the road in dark/black clothing) :shock:
Sorry I don't mean to be offensive but I'm passionate about people not killing themselves as it's not just the person who dies that loses out, it's the Wife/girlfriend, Kids, Parents etc who suffer too and sometimes that can run into generations.
John 3.16/17
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Re: Just havin a Winge

Post by cheaterparts »

he was out before mal and myself headed out we did say hello but got little response - we also saw he was still out as we came in

crazy stuff being out in the dark with out lights

how did you guys fair - it was damm slow going over the high tide
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Post by choppers »

I might know the culprit, I'll sus it out, and have stern words if I am correct with my hunch
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
Yako
Lord of the fish

Post by Yako »

We did really well, check my report in Sept trip reports :up:
John 3.16/17
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Post by cheaterparts »

choppers wrote:I might know the culprit, I'll sus it out, and have stern words if I am correct with my hunch

it was a sit in side yak ( old town ) if thats a bigger hint
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
Old town
kayak: Old town

Post by Old town »

Hi guys yes it was me I had some issues with my wireing stuck out on the low tide let me tell you it was not fun I have learnt a tough lesson to make sure your gear is well maintained and in working order before you head out because mistakes like that can cost someone there life and that's not why we are out there I was so embarrassed left in a hurry sorry guys won't happen again
Yako
Lord of the fish

Post by Yako »

Old town wrote:Hi guys yes it was me I had some issues with my wireing stuck out on the low tide let me tell you it was not fun I have learnt a tough lesson to make sure your gear is well maintained and in working order before you head out because mistakes like that can cost someone there life and that's not why we are out there I was so embarrassed left in a hurry sorry guys won't happen again
Mate I'm glad you're ok.
Please Please if you "EVER" need a hand just shout out. I would rather give up my time fishing than find out I could've helped someone or possibly saved a life.
Mate I stuck my trolley posts through my scupper tubes last week and went for a swim so really No Embarrassment at all.
You could've hung with us if you'd wanted to. We wanted to have a chat and say G'day next time perhaps :thumbsup:
John 3.16/17
choppers
PHD in Yakology.

Post by choppers »

Good on you chalz for owning up.

Rich iv also had a wiring failure while off reef island with Angelo. Scary Stuff. No intentionally stealth fishing from my gang
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

choppers
PHD in Yakology.

Post by choppers »

Chalz. As rich said, all vyakkers want to help a fellow out, dont be shy to ask for help.

And most yakkers are vyakkers cause this site rocks. Peace all

Old town
kayak: Old town

Post by Old town »

Yeh mate chat next time sorry I didnt recognise you and thanks it's good to know that someone is there for help I will post next time I head out but won't be for a while I need to replace all of the wiring for my lights and sounder