Maritime Safety Victoria Paddle Sports Survey - Win a PLB

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Streaker Tournament/Zodiac

Maritime Safety Victoria Paddle Sports Survey - Win a PLB

Post by Rhino »

I received an email from MSV today asking that the following information be shared on various forums.There's also a link of their Boat Safe Ride Safe Facebook page.
Complete the survey for a chance to win one of 4 PLB's.
Their message follows:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message for paddlers

Maritime Safety Victoria (MSV) is all about keeping people safe on the water, and we have a great opportunity for paddlers that will also help us to keep you safe at the same time.

You could win one of 4 Personal Locator Beacons (PLB) by completing our paddling survey. If you've paddled a kayak, canoe, standup paddleboard or surf ski / ocean ski on Victorian waters in the past 12 months, take the survey here -
https://survey.instinctandreason.com/pa ... y/?rcpt=21

The results of the survey will help us to ensure that paddlers have access to the information that they need to paddle safely on Victorian waters and help us to target useful information more appropriately for the needs of paddlers.

Why should you help?

Victorians own around 242,000 non-powered vessels, including kayaks and canoes. Unfortunately, Victoria has the highest number of kayak fatalities in Australia and New Zealand - 30 per cent of overall boating fatalities in the past five years compared with 13 per cent nationally. It seems that paddlers' safety awareness and trip preparations are not keeping pace with the popularity of this activity.

Once analysis has been completed, the report will be published on MSV's website and will guide future policy development. Note that the report will not contain personal information relating to individuals or commercial operators.

Further information

If you have any queries regarding this initiative, please contact Lisa Faldon on (03) 9655 9791 at Maritime Safety Victoria. If your query relates to the survey itself, please email survey@instinctandreason.com

About the survey

The survey will collect data about safety attitudes and behaviours, and relevant demographics which will lead to the development of targeted safety information for paddlers. While the survey is voluntary, we encourage everyone to complete the survey so that their views can be heard. All responses are anonymous in that your details will not be connected with your responses.

The survey will be open from 7 September to 24 October 2016. The survey will take about 12 minutes to complete.

If you prefer, you may complete the survey over the phone by calling MSV on (03) 9655 9791.

Use and disclosure of information

All personal information is treated in the strictest of confidence and will be conducted in accordance with the Market and Social Research Privacy Code and the principles set out in the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) (Transport Safety Victoria - refer http://transportsafety.vic.gov.au/privacy).

For further information about PLBs, please refer to http://www.amsa.gov.au/forms-and-public ... MSA269.pdf
cruiser
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: AI

Re: Maritime Safety Victoria Paddle Sports Survey - Win a PL

Post by cruiser »

Done
mob 0423 492 759
maverick
Hardcore Vyaker
kayak: Hobie Direction & Hobie Road Sign

Post by maverick »

Done
Well past the edge, almost at the point of no return.
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

done, where's my PLB??
mingle
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: one

Post by mingle »

Done, but not sure how they'll contact me if I win - didn't get asked to enter any email address or any other form of personal ID....
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Post by Yako »

Did mine as soon as it came out so I get the PLB first, Sorry Lads :lol: :bananaman:
John 3.16/17
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

Yako wrote:Did mine as soon as it came out so I get the PLB first, Sorry Lads :lol: :bananaman:
you only get the PLB if you get all the answers right, sorry
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

Done
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
Redmullet
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Yella PA 14 & red sit inside

Post by Redmullet »

mingle wrote:Done, but not sure how they'll contact me if I win - didn't get asked to enter any email address or any other form of personal ID....
The last section asked if you were willing to be contacted for further participation so maybe that's the contact details they"ll use to inform me that I've won the PLB :D

Redmullet
Yako
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA 14, A.I, Revo16 & 4.1 Ocean Kayak

Post by Yako »

4liters wrote:
Yako wrote:Did mine as soon as it came out so I get the PLB first, Sorry Lads :lol: :bananaman:
you only get the PLB if you get all the answers right, sorry
It's ok I did mine first then did one and put your name down & stuffed it up good so I'm still ahead :lol:
John 3.16/17