Paddle Smart Stickers

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
cheaterparts
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: Stealth Profisha 525 ---

Paddle Smart Stickers

Post by cheaterparts »

I dropped into the Warnett boat ramp today and the boat ramp shop said that the Maritime Safety Vic guys had been around and left both Paddle Smart cards and also a sticker that I hadn't seen before
with provisions to put your name and contact number - not a bad idea if your kayak is floating or washed up somewhere with out you

only a short time back there was a kayak washed up the guy who had swam to shore and notified the police - they didn't had on the info to the water police so a search took place that should have been just a phone call

anyway this is what they look like
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm -- Elephant fish 85 Cm -- Snapper 91 Cm -- KG Whiting 49 Cm -- Flathead 55 Cm -- Garfish 47 Cm --Long tail Tuna 86 cm -- Silver Trevally 40 Cm -- Cobia 117 Cm -- snook 53 Cm -- Couta 71 Cm -- Squid 44 hood length

cheater
0402 208 657
choppers
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: prowler elite 4.5

Re: Paddle Smart Stickers

Post by choppers »

Cool cheater they should be given with ALL kayak sales these days I rekon.
May have to get my hands on one
"Ye old town" Yak captures - gummy (116) salmon (32) flatty (35) yakka (28) silver trev (25) couta (38) plus all the garbage fish

Prowler victims - squid (30cm) Gar (36) Snapper (80 :yahoo: ) kgw (39)
Tim399
Lord of the fish
kayak: Terrapin XL, 2012 PA14

Post by Tim399 »

They look like a great idea, it couldnt hurt to have one on my own kayak. I had a search on the net, and i only found some that are in america. hopefuly my next visit to a tackle shop ill find one
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Streaker Tournament/Zodiac

Post by Rhino »

I've got my first shift with MSV on Tuesday.

There's lots happening behind the scenes with regards to kayaks and paddlesports.
Not sure how much I can say about any of it yet, but part of the strategy is to visit with retailers and other stakeholders to train their staff in kayak regulations and other safety ideas, and to supply other information to hand out such as these stickers.

I might be able to grab a heap of these stickers on Tuesday and then work out a way to distribute them if anyone is interested.
4liters
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Native Watercraft Slayer 13, Stealth Fisha 500

Post by 4liters »

Rhino wrote:I've got my first shift with MSV on Tuesday.

There's lots happening behind the scenes with regards to kayaks and paddlesports.
Not sure how much I can say about any of it yet, but part of the strategy is to visit with retailers and other stakeholders to train their staff in kayak regulations and other safety ideas, and to supply other information to hand out such as these stickers.

I might be able to grab a heap of these stickers on Tuesday and then work out a way to distribute them if anyone is interested.
Good, this is the best way imo
bjspinner
Lord of the fish
kayak: PA14 180Drive/ Oasis

Post by bjspinner »

They have been doing the rounds, I'm surprised that no one else has posted these up as my sister in law gave me some of these and a few mobile phone covers before Christmas.

They where being handed out at BCF Narre Warren so looks like as Rhino said the targeting of retailers is under way.
Mobile 0418991898
PB: Micro surgery on one of Scuba Sue's Gummy's
shane
Vyak Addict
kayak: Hobie AI, PA14, Quest and an ebay tandem

Post by shane »

Saw them at BCF Coburg today along with a small 3 page brochure that folds up to look like a phone screen. It gives pretty good explanations of their main message points. My only jssue with it is that its all in the form of guidance with no mention of what the actual regulatory requirements are. Would have been pretty easy to say life jackets are legally required or when you need to have flares/epirb etc.
0408 565 763
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Streaker Tournament/Zodiac

Post by Rhino »

shane wrote:Saw them at BCF Coburg today along with a small 3 page brochure that folds up to look like a phone screen. It gives pretty good explanations of their main message points. My only jssue with it is that its all in the form of guidance with no mention of what the actual regulatory requirements are. Would have been pretty easy to say life jackets are legally required or when you need to have flares/epirb etc.
Good point, and one that I will raise when I get the chance.
The retailer handing out these brochures and stickers should also be reinforcing the regulatory requirements, and that may form part of an accreditation process.
Franko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Dune AI, stealth Supalite X

Post by Franko »

It a good start.
0401 314 820

Instagram Page Franko Fishes
spider25160
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie itrek 11

Post by spider25160 »

I will be checking bcf Warnambool tomorrow and see if they have made it this far yet.
Your mind is like a Parachute! It only works when it is open
Yak PB's: Snook 68cm, Black Bream 38cm, KGW 50cm, :up: Couta 72cm, snapper 45cm Australian Salmon 64cm Redfin 37cm EP 39cm Blue throat wrasse 46cm Dusky Flathead 56cm :yahoo: