Paddle Smart Stickers

SAFETY FIRST!! Please read as no fish is worth dying for.
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Streaker Tournament/Zodiac

Re: Paddle Smart Stickers

Post by Rhino »

Fish aholic wrote:I think the stickers are a good idea but they are no good if they fall off.mine came off today. :down:
Thanks for the feedback. I have a meeting on Monday so I'll let them know.

As it is with any adhesive job, preparation is key.
Also, was the sticker placed externally or within the hull i.e. under a hatch lid?

Has anybody else had any trouble with them?

I'm sending Jim a heap of stickers on Monday. He'll let people know when he has them and how to get some.

Cheers
Rhino.
Fish aholic
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Fish aholic »

I had it stuck to the hull of the yak,I think that the stipple on the hull has reduced the surface area of the adhesive and may let water get behind the sticker. It did feel like it was stuck well when the hull was dry. Thanks for the interest, I'll try again somewhere else on the yak cheers mick.
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.

Post by Rhino »

Fish aholic wrote:I had it stuck to the hull of the yak,I think that the stipple on the hull has reduced the surface area of the adhesive and may let water get behind the sticker. It did feel like it was stuck well when the hull was dry. Thanks for the interest, I'll try again somewhere else on the yak cheers mick.
No worries. It sounds as if you've solved your own problem.

Still, If anyone has any issues, let me know. :up:
Wind Waker
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback, Hobie PA14 MD180,

Post by Wind Waker »

I think mine will end up on the upright area in front of the mirage drive. If the yak washed up minus me that area should be undamaged no matter what.
Live long, fish hard and hopefully catch something.
Babylon
Needs a life (forum tragic)
kayak: 2017 Hobie Revo 13, Hobie Compass Duo

Post by Babylon »

Rhino
PHD in Yakology.

Post by Rhino »

Fish aholic wrote:I had it stuck to the hull of the yak,I think that the stipple on the hull has reduced the surface area of the adhesive and may let water get behind the sticker. It did feel like it was stuck well when the hull was dry. Thanks for the interest, I'll try again somewhere else on the yak cheers mick.
I passed on your issue at a meeting yesterday, and although your problem sounds like it was the surface that you placed the sticker on, MSV are looking at a different material for their next run of stickers.
Fish aholic
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie outback

Post by Fish aholic »

Thank's again rhino, after having a good look over the yak, there really wasn't any area that didn't have that stipple affect,so I guess it will have to go in the hull. I just was thinking that the stickers would of been better if it they were more visual? What do you reckon.cheers mate.
Seasherpa
PHD in Yakology.
kayak: Lots of composite ones

Post by Seasherpa »

Fish aholic wrote:Thank's again rhino, after having a good look over the yak, there really wasn't any area that didn't have that stipple affect,so I guess it will have to go in the hull. I just was thinking that the stickers would of been better if it they were more visual? What do you reckon.cheers mate.
How about on the seat area on the gator hatch?
Rhino
PHD in Yakology.

Post by Rhino »

Fish aholic wrote:Thank's again rhino, after having a good look over the yak, there really wasn't any area that didn't have that stipple affect,so I guess it will have to go in the hull. I just was thinking that the stickers would of been better if it they were more visual? What do you reckon.cheers mate.
I guess the sooner they can identify the owner the sooner they know whether to start looking for somebody or not. That's obviously if an ID is on the outside of the hull. It doesn't necessarily have to be a sticker. A permanent marker straight onto the hull somewhere would be just as effective. You might need to go over it every so often though.

If a kayak is found without any external ID, they'd go through the hatches looking for some other form of ID i.e. wallet with drivers license, fishing license, mobile phone etc, so i'd also have a sticker or other means of ID in there as well.

Cheers
Rhino.
Somewhere 'Offshore'
Survivor
kayak: 2015 Adventure Island

Post by Somewhere 'Offshore' »

I responded to a post on the 'Boat Safe Ride Safe' facebook page last Saturday in regards to these.

Guess what showed up in the mail today :thumbsup:
IMG_20160219_55774.jpg
The tug is the drug~

Somewhere 'Offshore' - the only place I don't hear the voices