Some Melbourne shore dives

Into yak based Diving? Talk about it here!
Digger
Vyak Addict
kayak: Tinny, Piers anywhere I can!

Re: Dived Rye Pier Saturday night - video added.

Post by Digger »

SurfanFish wrote:
Digger wrote:Thanks Rob , I enjoyed that!
Another one you might like Digger.

http://vimeo.com/126672871

Thanks again Rob bloody beautiful at night a real natures garden!
Jacko
Lord of the fish
kayak: Hobie Outback

Post by Jacko »

I enjoyed that too Rob.
They are real swell videos !
SurfanFish
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: dorado, espri

Post by SurfanFish »

Thanks Robs'. It was a pretty cool dive this one. Blairgowrie Pier has some great stuff under it.

RS Videos for short just so I don't take myself too seriously :) . I do find having the camera makes you slow down and see more when diving or fish smarter when fishing etc. It also helps to remind you of some of the great things on our doorsteps.

Cheers

Rob
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
yakhangger
Lord of the fish
kayak: cool kayak, Hobie Outback !! Adventure Island

Post by yakhangger »

Here's mine from last week at Blair...I need to get a light defuser for my torch though :oops: :oops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GZBzh1VbEA
PB Frog 490mm Squid 395mm Gummy 1080mm Bream 295mm Snook 589mm Leather Jacket 340mm Snapper 540mm Barracouta 635mm Garfish 430mm Rainbow Trout 340mm Cuttlefish 210mm Salmon 370mm Banjo 935mm Elephant 810mm Ghurkin fish 230mm Port Jackson 700mm Blue T Wrasse 490mm
Jacko
Lord of the fish

Post by Jacko »

Seal comes to visit Rye pier video
I did a kayak dive off Rye pier with Aquatic Adventures on 17th May 2015.
The downer was seeing a dead bull ray with a 300lb stainless wire tracer still attached. :down: :cry:
Those I dived with advised me they often saw this ray under the pier.
I don't understand why anyone would target these off Rye pier.

The positive was being joined on the dive by a seal. :up:
Those of you who want to see a video of the seal off Rye pier can look up Aquatic Adventures Rowville video by Daisy Ellen on facebook.

It was my first dive off the kayak with my new gear.
I had self rescue / re entry practice as my tank and integrated weight belt BCD made my yak flip over as I dragged it onto the yak after the dive. :oops:
yakhangger
Lord of the fish

Post by yakhangger »

Jacko wrote:Seal comes to visit Rye pier video
The downer was seeing a dead bull ray with a 300lb stainless wire tracer still attached. :down: :cry:

Those of you who want to see a video of the seal off Rye pier can look up Aquatic Adventures Rowville video by Daisy Ellen on facebook.

I had self rescue / re entry practice as my tank and integrated weight belt BCD made my yak flip over as I dragged it onto the yak after the dive. :oops:
Hey Rob...mate here is a link to a video I pit up a while ago and at the end it shows how I get my gear onboard after a dive...might help to prevent a repeat of you tipping out again...I know Mav gets in first and then drags his gear in...just a thought mate. Cheers Merv

http://www.vyak.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=19477
PB Frog 490mm Squid 395mm Gummy 1080mm Bream 295mm Snook 589mm Leather Jacket 340mm Snapper 540mm Barracouta 635mm Garfish 430mm Rainbow Trout 340mm Cuttlefish 210mm Salmon 370mm Banjo 935mm Elephant 810mm Ghurkin fish 230mm Port Jackson 700mm Blue T Wrasse 490mm
SurfanFish
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by SurfanFish »

Jacko wrote:Seal comes to visit Rye pier video

I think we met that day. Unnecessary and sad about stumpy.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
Jacko
Lord of the fish

Post by Jacko »

"I think we met that day. Unnecessary and sad about stumpy".
Yep that was me - Good to meet you Rob. We spoke about videos & VYAK but I thought you said you had an AI as we spoke about putting the dive gear on the tramp.

"...mate here is a link to a video I pit up a while ago and at the end it shows how I get my gear onboard after a dive...might help to prevent a repeat of you tipping out again...I know Mav gets in first and then drags his gear in...just a thought mate. Cheers Merv"
Thank Merv - I remember seeing that video and commenting on your re-entry when you posted it in Oct 2014. I ended up shoving my BC, tank and integrated weights onto the yak while I was in the water then getting in the same way as you did on your video. The integrated weights make the system rather heavy to push up and over the gunnels of the yak. I am going to develop a way to remove the weights and clip them to the yak then shove them on individually.
yakhangger
Lord of the fish

Post by yakhangger »

yeah I take mine out while Im in the water and put them in the centre hatch making sure I close it before getting in I then put the BC in .I have the top of the tank pointing to the yak so when I flip it in the regs etc are not on the bottom of the yak but up the top and not getting tangled, I learnt this from the dive in the video...
SurfanFish
Qualified Fish Monger

Some shore dives

Post by SurfanFish »

A bit of a look at Flinders from down under for anyone interested.

https://vimeo.com/136661685