Ricketts Rumble

A forum for member's kayak or fishing related videos
strikepro
Qualified Fish Monger
kayak: Hobie PA 12

Ricketts Rumble

Post by strikepro »

Here is video from today it was a very short 2 hour session at Ricketts as I had to be home by 8.30am :down:
It was a great short session on soft plastics with a hot bite going for about 45 minutes with no one around me.
All the boats and yaks were about 100mt away and appeared not to be doing much! :evilgrin:

Hope you all enjoy!

Asscoiated with
TiCA , Strike Pro , Strike Pro Enticers , Daiichi , Zest , Mapso , Juro , McLaughlins Bait
http://www.jurofishing.com
outback paul
Square eyes
kayak: Revo 13

Re: Ricketts Rumble

Post by outback paul »

Hi Rick, it definitely looks like Ricketts was the location of choice this morning. Together with a large fleet of yaks I had a very pleasant morning at Millers, but apart from a steady stream of banjos queuing up to be caught, and the odd Port Jackson, it was very quiet there. Except for Hamish who landed a very nice gummy of around 120cm and a whiting, all I managed was one pinkie at 46cm. Some of the lads picked up a few squid too.
strikepro
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by strikepro »

outback paul wrote:Hi Rick, it definitely looks like Ricketts was the location of choice this morning. Together with a large fleet of yaks I had a very pleasant morning at Millers, but apart from a steady stream of banjos queuing up to be caught, and the odd Port Jackson, it was very quiet there. Except for Hamish who landed a very nice gummy of around 120cm and a whiting, all I managed was one pinkie at 46cm. Some of the lads picked up a few squid too.
I didn't see anyone else in the area at Ricketts i was fishing get anything though.
That's a cracker of a Gummy for P.P.B :up:
Asscoiated with
TiCA , Strike Pro , Strike Pro Enticers , Daiichi , Zest , Mapso , Juro , McLaughlins Bait
JägerMarty
Square eyes
kayak: Hobie Outback 2015

Post by JägerMarty »

Nice effort Rick, what depth was the action at?
strikepro
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by strikepro »

JägerMarty wrote:Nice effort Rick, what depth was the action at?
The location I'm fishing varies in depth from 8.3mt to 10.6mt.
Asscoiated with
BKA
Square eyes
kayak: Malibu Pro Explorer

Post by BKA »

Well done Rick. :clap:
Had a look there this morning at 6am and noticed a small group of boats and yaks down the southern end and another small group of boats and yaks up the northern end and hardly anyone in between. Were you down towards the south or up towards the north?
Cheers.
Bayside Kayak Angler
Sandringham Anglers' Club
strikepro
Qualified Fish Monger

Post by strikepro »

BKA wrote:Well done Rick. :clap:
Had a look there this morning at 6am and noticed a small group of boats and yaks down the southern end and another small group of boats and yaks up the northern end and hardly anyone in between. Were you down towards the south or up towards the north?
Cheers.
North but I was also on my own most of the time as you can see in the video.
Had a few come around me just before I came in but the fish had shut down by then which was at the top of the tide.
NO RUN , NO FUN!
Asscoiated with